2017 15 inch Macbook Pro and WoW

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mario-64, Oct 16, 2017.

1. mario-64 macrumors regular

Hi all,

I'm considering a 2017 15" Macbook Pro (3.1ghz) and was wondering how the WoW performance is on this model. I've looked through some other threads but would like more specific info. For example, is native resolution an option with medium-ish settings or do you have to use scale render of 50%? On the topic of scale render 50%, some say it doesn't cause blurriness while others say it does. Which is correct? Lastly, is it even possible to get 60fps with vsync enabled with decent visual quality?

Thanks for any input

mario

2. Wreckus macrumors 6502a

Wreckus

I don't have the 15 inch, but I do have the 2017 13 inch TB model and I can safely say that it runs much better than I though it would on intel Iris graphics.

I got the graphics settings at a 6 with some stuff either setting higher or disabled (suns shafts I believe I got disabled). Resolution at 2056x1600 (can't remember the exact resolution). I have absolutely no problems playing and in fact, I don't recall seeing any stuttering at all either. the UI isn't that bad and I haven't scaled it at all either.

Bottom line, if you get the 15 inch, you should have no problems playing the game.

3. mario-64 thread starter macrumors regular

4. Wreckus macrumors 6502a

Wreckus

No problem.