iPad Pro 2017: Drawing With Pencil Improvement?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jroug, Jun 12, 2017.

1. jroug, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2017

jroug macrumors member

If anyone actually has this in hand; I get the improved refresh will help with lag, but any other notable improvements?

I'm looking to use Manga Studio/Clip Studio Paint with Astropad - anyone who has specific experience with these programs?

Can I ditch the idea of buying a Wacom with this model or is that model still coming?

Thanks!

2. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

My 12.9 is not here yet, but I'm a creative professional and I personally think this will replace the need for a Wacom. I'll certainly let you know after I've spent a few days with it!

3. jroug thread starter macrumors member

Thanks! Just out of curiosity, which program are you drawing with?

4. fokmik macrumors 68000

yes, thanks to the new display, in procreate you feels the pencil low latency. Its because of the display refresh rate and not because of the A10x

5. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

I am a photographer (accounts for 85% of my work) and video-content producer (15%). I use a Wacom mostly in Capture One Pro and Photoshop.

6. jroug thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, all helpful!

I'm looking to use Manga Studio/Clip Studio Paint with Astropad - anyone who has specific experience with these programs?

7. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

I haven't done too much testing yet, but the latency is so much lower with the new 120hz refresh on the display. When using notes you can see no gap between the tip of the pencil and the line being drawn when moving quickly. On the old pro it was definitely noticeable.

8. jroug thread starter macrumors member

kclardy, are you using any other programs/apps beside notes?