Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BenTrovato

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2012
Canada
Agree. If your a millionaire you are going to employ accountants. Their job is to help you pay less tax.

Sadly I don't need to hide my millions off shore!

Maybe not yet, but never rule out the future!

--
What do you guys think will happen in the final 2 races with Mercedes running 2018 parts? Does it turn into a Ferrari / Red Bull shootout while the Mercs sit back and collect full race data? Or do you think Bottas and Hamilton want wins?

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Maybe not yet, but never rule out the future!

--
What do you guys think will happen in the final 2 races with Mercedes running 2018 parts? Does it turn into a Ferrari / Red Bull shootout while the Mercs sit back and collect full race data? Or do you think Bottas and Hamilton want wins?
I think Hamilton and Bottas both want wins. But in the end it will come down to who wants it more.

MOFS

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2003
Durham, UK
I think it might be more interesting down the pack. I can see Williams doing some extended runs with Kubica and Di Resta, probably in free practice but maybe full race in Abu Dhabi. Similarly I’ll be interested to see how Brendan Hartley does on a problem free weekend in the Toro Rosso, although I seem to remember he’s confirmed as having the seat for next year.

Reactions: pachyderm

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
I think Hamilton and Bottas both want wins. But in the end it will come down to who wants it more.
I feel like that's a falsehood. Excluding reliability issues (so only things drivers can control) Hamilton is just a better driver than Bottas. Bottas can want it all he wants, but Hamilton will beat him 90% of the time.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Friendly wager? I'm going to go out and say Mercedes does not win either of the last two races while they collect full race data for their 2018 car, which will once again dominate the field.
Ok lets see. Be interesting to see what they do for Massa's last Brazilian race after the honour guard in the pits last year.

MOFS

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2003
Durham, UK
Surely Mercedes will be trying to get Bottas above Vettel in the standings?

No if anything Mercedes will be keeping an eye on him to see what his performance relative to Hamilton is. Bottas was lucky he signed his contract extension as in the second half of the season he has been blown out of the water by Hamilton, and with Ocon and Verstappen performing as they have he could have been looking for a seat.

Reactions: apolloa

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Fernando Alonso will be doing at least the 24 Hours of Le Mans next year with Toyota Gazoo Racing in the LMP1 category and may run the majority or even the entirety of the 2018 WEC Season with them depending on how the races align with the Formula One season.

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Alonso 7th with 3 minutes left in q2
[doublepost=1510418812][/doublepost]1:42 - 8th...
[doublepost=1510418843][/doublepost]:52 - 9th...
[doublepost=1510418880][/doublepost]:21 - 6th ...
[doublepost=1510419076][/doublepost]6th... phew....

now on to q3.
[doublepost=1510419854][/doublepost]he made q3.

that is all i care about. he could score points tomorrow. :)

go fred!
go hulkenberg!
go sainz!

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Good for Bottas! Suspect he might get swamped by Ferraris at the start.

Might be interesting to see Lewis come from behind. See how far he can get.
Perhaps he is human after all! Everyone makes a mistake now and then.

Reactions: pachyderm

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Good for Bottas! Suspect he might get swamped by Ferraris at the start.

Yeah Vettel got him in the first corner. Multiple first lap wrecks and spins so Safety Car out.

Latest rumor circulating in the paddock is that Williams will sign Kubica, however Williams just told NBCSN's Will Buxton that they have yet to make a formal decision on their second driver.

Hamilton is in the points by lap 7...

Pretty much. Now #7 at 20 laps in.

Last edited:

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Well, it’s a shame Red Bull have a slower engine because Renault have turned down the turbos on risk of them blowing in the hot air, and Hamilton has a brand new engine and other parts and has is set to the max, he only has two races so doesn’t really care about looking after it..

Tyres are suffering a lot in today’s race though.

I am hopeful they stick to their guns for the 2021 rule changes, it’s a bit desperate for a Ferrari to threaten to quit F1and Mercedes to moan about having to develop new engines.. I don’t care, I want more and better balance in the sport and if those two quit over it because they will lose their advantages so be it.

What does everyone else think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.