2017 iMac Graphics and Keyboard Problems

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Stacc, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Stacc macrumors 6502a

I am running a 2017 iMac with the AMD 580 Pro and when gaming in boot camp several times an hour the frame rate will drop from 60 FPS to somewhere around 10. This usually happens when loading a map or going into the menu screen. So far I have observed this in Overwatch and Ori and the blind forest. Alt-tabbing out and back in to the game always fixes it, so it seems like its dropping in to some low power state. This is using the default drivers that come with bootcamp. I have not witnessed it in macOS.

Also, my magic keyboard that came with the machine almost always disconnects from windows within 10 min or so. Does anyone else have this problem or do I have a faulty keyboard. Windows still registers that the device is connected, but it does not respond.

2. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

Yeah I see something similar, as well, in both Diablo 3 and Overwatch. Oddly enough, PUBG does not experience the issue. I do not believe it is throttling issues because Diablo 3 runs fine in macOS.

No worries with my Apple Bluetooth keyboard in Bootcamp, but I could never get my Mattias Aluminum Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard to pair in Boot Camp (was fine in a VM).