Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sahilpatel12

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
Merica
Hello,
i bought yesterday afternoon and after opening the plastic i saw an black fiber type tiny thing stuff near berzel meeting volume rockers part, and if you run your fingers on the whole edge of the body on volume rockers side where screen ends and chassis starts , you will experience an smooth slik going but when the finger meets the part where i detail below it feels rough texture like an uncut on and then its smooth again.

Odddddd things but after cleanign my ipad last night i saw an dust mark that just wont go way and i tried rubbing again but nothing. after looking thru diamond eyeglass i saw its underneath the screen ( i guess since its not laminated i went thru in factory)

and other odd issue is near volume rockers, the whole ipad display is perfect like berzel meeting chassis, but near volume rocker theres an some part of that berzel that is little bit longer than the rest of body (guess it didnt cut right) and i can see under my eyeglass that theres some gluely resdiue like an dried one and there was some kind of dark black color fiber stuck inside it in which i cant get it out ( This was like that when i unwrap the plastic the first time)

This is 32gb ipad gold bought at bestbuy

Below is the dust under the screen

iapd 2.jpg

This is the tiny part thats sticking out

ipad.jpg

[doublepost=1492086921][/doublepost]The main reason i am concern is i am buying things to put on it like full body clear skins and stuff which cost me 20 dollars and i dont want to put it on this and this ipad be defective (which is looks) and i have to buy another set of skin of 20 again and other reason is i am leaving country end of next week for overseas vaction and i am taking this with me on trip to use and i dont really have time left to mess with returns and exchanges stuff.

Can with gold or silver ipad post input please ? since they have white front

Last edited:
Reactions: Sunny1990

merkinmuffley

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2010
Oh my, I wouldn't want to be seen in public with that that. I'm sure those things pictured can be seen from the space station, and really - do you want people judging you as someone who took delivery of something substandard? Return it immediately, wear a mask so you can be identified and linked to that ugly thing in any social media.

Reactions: Sunny1990

sahilpatel12

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
Merica
Oh my, I wouldn't want to be seen in public with that that. I'm sure those things pictured can be seen from the space station, and really - do you want people judging you as someone who took delivery of something substandard? Return it immediately, wear a mask so you can be identified and linked to that ugly thing in any social media.

Yea sure spend 20 dollars on skins and then that little part chips off or whatever the case and get it replaced again and then who's gonna pay that 20? I have to rebuy. 20 isn't the issue. Time is the issue, I am leaving overseas for almost 2 months and I don't want to be it and that thing breaks or that little chip that's sticking off breaks.

Since apple india won't service this product. Apple serving in India isn't That great, so I have I bring it back to USA and get it replace and chance would be they would deny it saving I broke it.

If you have nothing to give or help, why you even comment? Do something else ok.

Thank
[doublepost=1492091554][/doublepost]
get it replaced

Yes thank you that's my plan at 10 in morning in about 1 hr.

And I was also trying to see if I was the only one that had that little Berzel sticking out

Reactions: Legendts and RevTEG

sahilpatel12

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
Merica
Update: we open another iPad and it was perfect no dust under screen nor that bersel sticking out.

Even employees were surprised when I told them to run there fingers around that edge. My old iPad has smooth roughy and smooth again and new iPad we open as smooth all the way.

I'm gald and happy now.
But I be curious to know who has else have any problem like that now

Thanks

RevTEG

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2012
San Jose, Ca
I would take it in for replacement. When I buy a new Apple product, I expect it to be in the condition Apple intended for it. Apple didn't intend for the screen to be cut incorrectly, nor did they design it to have visible dust under the screen. That's one of the reasons company's have return policies. Exchange it.

Reactions: Legendts

AltecX

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2016
Philly

No need to be rude. ith how pricy these re those are valid issues.Even on a $150-200 device I would return due to those.

Reactions: Legendts

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

Your snark reply to the OP is unwarranted and frivolous in terms of offering anything pertinent.

The iPad is clearly defective with particles embedded under the display and the chassis is obviously defective/not seated properly. The iPad should be returned being The OP's concerns are valid, where a return is justified.

Last edited:

Eric5273

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2009
New Jersey
When I had the original iPhone, I used it for 4 years, and by the end it had dust under the screen in a couple of places. It did really annoy me, although you couldn't see it when the screen was on.

bopajuice

Suspended
Mar 22, 2016
Dark side of the moon

I think the photos were taken with a microscope. We've been down this road before. Obsessive customer nit picks the crap out of product and returns it. Cant reason with these people. Ive tried.

Ive even seen people get all huffy about being called OCD and go on to debate the issue for a few pages. Happened when the new TB MacBook came out.

Last edited:

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I think the photos were taken with a microscope. We've been down the road before. Obsessive customer nit picks the crap out of product and returns it. Cant reason with these people. Ive tried.

Ive even seen people get all huffy about being called OCD and go on to debate the issue for a few pages. Happened when the new TB MacBook came out.

Did You even read what the OP said about the employees were even shocked with the defective iPad? Apple didn't release an iPad to have the chassis to be unevenly manufactured or to have dust particles in embedded in the display, even if those are minor issues, that's what return policies are for. Return the product and receive one with in the condition that Apple intended it to be in the first place.

I think you're short sighting the point of what the concern is with the OP. When you spend a premium dollar on a product that you expectations to have high standards, especially from a company that intends on selling an expensive piece of hardware, it better well be in "New" condition.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.