2017 MacBook 12 m3 future proof?

chillip

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 16, 2013
just got mine and really pleased with it. How many years should it run well for? This is the 8gb version. Thanks

Plutowillreturn

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2018
I got mine this past December and am hoping for at least six years. Given the fact that Apple has a warranty program to replace the screen and bottom case for stains and butterfly switch issues for at least four years, I think it’s a solid choice for average consumers.

Reactions: catean

chillip

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 16, 2013
I got mine this past December and am hoping for at least six years. Given the fact that Apple has a warranty program to replace the screen and bottom case for stains and butterfly switch issues for at least four years, I think it’s a solid choice for average consumers.
Please explain more about this warranty cover? I know we get the usual one.

radiologyman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2011
I have 2015 version and use it heavily since it's release, multiple hours daily. I dropped it many times already, nothing got broke. Last year Apple replaced keyboard and screen under their free programs, MacBook still looks and feels new. What an amazing machine, hopefully Apple will update it in 2019.

Last edited:

BODYBUILDERPAUL

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2009
Barcelona
Well, I have the 2017 i5 and it's perfect.
Let's hope that Apple's components are as amazing as a few years back. I am still using my backup April 2010 MacBook with High Sierra. 9 years old in April. It's been a loyal friend and has allowed me to travel the world whilst making a living from it!!!
I agree Apple seem to have optimised their OS very well now.
I remember my old iPhone 4S slowing down to snails pace after 2 OS upgrades whereas now, my Fiance's iPhone SE that I bought her 2.5 years ago runs as smooth as day one and it's gone from iOS9 to 10 to 11 and now to 12 with zero slow downs. the A9 in the SE is a speedy lil combination :)