2017 MacBook keyboard key edges miss keystrokes

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by markprzepiora, Jul 31, 2017.

1. markprzepiora macrumors newbie

I created a video showing this happening with the apostrophe (') key: http://mark.przepiora.ca/tmp/Untitled.m4v

In case it's difficult to see (or you can't watch and hear the video), what happens is that in this case the edge of the key becomes unresponsive. You can see me pressing the right edge (or either of the right corners) of the key with the keypress clearly audible but the key doesn't register unless I press in the center or the left edge.

I can fix it by pressing down on the key hard which seems to reset something / click something back into place / who knows?

The problem is this happens pretty regularly, often with the C key, making me think I've copied something to the clipboard (Command C) but in reality I didn't.

Anyone experienced anything like this? This is nearly a brand new laptop (couple of weeks old) so it's not like the keys are getting stuck after months of getting dirty...

2. konradsa macrumors regular

Mine doesn't do that. Take it to Apple and they will fix it for you.

3. Thanos812007 macrumors newbie

I just had the same thing with the y key after heating it up and let it cool.. After I hitted it hard it fixed itself. Its one day old.. Now works fine. I will keep and eye on it.