2017 macbook pro build issues .

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mbvmbmb, Nov 4, 2017.

1. mbvmbmb macrumors member

mbvmbmb

has anyone had build issues with the 13 inch mbp?

i recently got one and the thing does not sit flush on a table.. the computer wobbles on the lower right corner... very anoying for such an expensive device.

2. Melbourne Park macrumors 6502

I'd take it back.

Unless a rubber foot has fallen off, or is not attached properly.

Get a steel ruler and run it across the depth and then the width - if it sits flush on the computer, then perhaps a foot is not right?

3. 808Guy macrumors newbie

I picked up a 2017 MBP 13" in July, sits fine, even with a Incase hardshell case on it - no issues at all. And coming from a 2008 17" MBP, it's a whole new world!

4. SteveJUAE macrumors 68030

SteveJUAE

There were a few similar postings in the rMB forum on this if I recall correctly some seem it to do with tensioning of the base plate screws.

Take it back and let them have fiddle :)

5. adamh10 macrumors member

adamh10

Yeah as others have said, make a Genius Bar appointment and go in to have it looked at. I'm assuming that you have indeed tried it on multiple flat surfaces to rule out the desk/table that you are having the issue on to make sure that it's the MacBook Pro itself?

Personally mine sits completely flush without issues and so since it's still within warranty if yours has some defect causing it to wobble they will certainly be able to fix it for you.

Cheers