2017 MacBook Pro IMAGE RETENTION

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Daremo, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

I wanted to post this to see if there is anyone else having this issue. I purchased one of the new, and upgraded MacBook Pros when announced a little over a month ago. I noticed two areas of bright white have caused what appears to be permanent image retention in the screen after only hours of work on the screen. I am obviously making an appointment to have this screen replaced, but since I had this issue when I purchased my 2012 retina years back, and it turned out to be faulty LG displays, I'm wondering if we have the same monster on our hands.

Specs are:
    MacBook Pro 15" - Touch bar
    31. GHz - 16GB ram
    Radeon Pro 560

I had a hard time getting a clean image of this, but you can see the lighter horizontal bar near the top.

Attached Files:

2. QueenTyrone macrumors 6502

QueenTyrone

Take that thing in to get the screen replaced and buy the  care+ if you havent

3. Daremo thread starter macrumors 68000

Daremo

I did get the AppleCare on it. I need to find a good 4 days where I can afford the downtime. I hate the wait...

4. Populus macrumors 6502

Populus

If you let the screen white for 20 minutes, does not disappear? I had a model that presented this issue, as well as a reddish tint on the left side of the screen, and that's why I returned it, but over time that retention did disappear every time.

Anyway, it is just curiosity. Try to replace it as soon as possible.