2017 Macbook Pro - Wireless Mouse Options

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aspalmat, Jun 11, 2017.

1. aspalmat macrumors newbie

Need a little help with wireless mouse options for a 13", 2017 MacBook Pro. I assume that Bluetooth wireless is my only option, is that correct?

The laptop is my daughters, and she would like a Logitech 325c, with a "cool" pattern, but this mouse, and most wireless mice use a USB transmitter, that does not work on the new MacBook Pro's.

Is bluetooth the only option? This limits the options by a large amount.

Thanks.

2. IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

You can use USB RF wireless mice if you're willing to plug a dongle into the laptop.

3. kokhoong0624 macrumors regular

kokhoong0624

Get Logitech MX anywhere 2 :) It pairs with bluetooth and it's probably the best mouse I ever used. However, keep in mind that 2.4GHZ wifi in windows bootcamp will interfere with the bluetooth connectivity.

4. MrGuder macrumors 68020

I don't understand why Logitech hasn't come out with a USB-C unifier receiver. I have always found Bluetooth wireless mouses to be touch and go, sometimes they connect perfectly other times they drop and lose mouse functions maybe 4.0 Bluetooth is better?

When I had the 2016 MBP I used an Aukey USB adapter to USB-C and plugged the unifying receiver into the Aukey and my Logitech M705 worked perfectly every time never dropped signal.

5. mrochester macrumors 65816

Bluetooth on my 2017 MacBook Pro in Windows is very flaky. I have a Logitech MX Anywhere 2 mouse that worked perfectly in Windows 10 on my 2014 MBP but constantly disconnects on my 2017 MBP in Windows 10.

I don't know whether it's an Apple problem, Microsoft problem or Logitech problem, so I don't know who to contact for a fix.

6. djdownhill macrumors regular

djdownhill

7. MrGuder macrumors 68020

No offense but that is a very old style mouse released in 2012. I can't live without the side buttons on my Logitech for forward and backwards when toggling webpages.

8. djdownhill macrumors regular

djdownhill

did you try this?

I had to in my case unpair it from my Mac side first, pair it in Windows, then repair in Sierra and no problems so far?

9. MrGuder macrumors 68020

No I think your missing my point. I would never buy it because that mouse lacks key features. However if your happy that's all that matters.

10. SB-MBP Suspended

SB-MBP

The better mice all use direct Bluetooth connections anyway, without that annoying port blocker piece that often gets lost. Take your pick, macOS works seamlessly with them all!

11. FineFuturity macrumors member

This is the one I use: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000Q7V0W4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's about the size of a normal mouse, is affordable, and -- while I don't use them -- has the side buttons you need, and doesn't require a dongle. The only thing that bothers me about it is that it will disconnect after a set period of time, and you have to click to get it reconnected. I'm sure there's a setting somewhere to fix this, but I've been to lazy to look. Heh.

12. alicatt macrumors newbie

alicatt

I have made myself crazy trying to find a mouse for my MacBook Pro 13" 2017 that I can program for a middle wheel button double click. Only must-have. Any recommendations would be so appreciated. as I've currently got 4 Logitech mice and none of them work for more than 6:45 minute and rarely even in secession.

Help!!!

13. jgelin macrumors 6502a

jgelin

I wonder if you could configure it with BetterTocuchTool to perform a specific action to the middle wheel? It is how I have customized my MagicMouse into a crazy functional device. I think there are settings for regular mice in the program as well.

14. lambertjohn macrumors 6502

Forget that. Why would you want to use up one of your valuable and scarce ports for a mouse?? Get a bluetooth mouse. Any will work with the MBP. We use a JETech bluetooth mouse on my wife's 2016 MBP. $12 at Amazon. Works great!! And it's less filling!!