2017 MB Pro - Battery Life no longer at %100

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dkupras, Jan 2, 2018.

1. dkupras macrumors newbie

dkupras

Hi All - I know from previous replies (Thanks to all) that my MacBook Pro 2017 Model doesn't need to need to be calibrated however at random times I notice the mAh will either go above or beneath the original max.

Lately it seems that my battery is going down to %98 percent. Any suggestions on what I can do to increase this again? I have included a picture.

Thanks all!

Dave K

Attached Files:

2. Honza1 macrumors member

This is normal. It will slowly decay as every battery does - with both cycles and times. Clearly, number of cycles is obvious wear - but my old MBP battery had only ~120 cycles - but in 5 years and eventually failed and needed replacement.
    Every battery is different. 98% is fine; and it will go up/down a bit with slow decay with time & number of cycles.
    I do not believe there is much one can even do - and I am not sure if one can trust these values to such high precision anyway.

3. dkupras thread starter macrumors newbie

dkupras

Thank you!

4. jerryk macrumors 68030

It is an estimate. And like all estimates is always off.

5. dkupras thread starter macrumors newbie

dkupras

You guys are absolutely right, today it shows %101

Attached Files:

6. mvtm macrumors member

I put 2100 battery cycles on my 11" 2012 Base MBA, before the SSD failed (2nd SSD) a month ago. Battery is original though. Was like holding 50% of charge.