Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

soaddk

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 17, 2012
Aarhus, Denmark
Hello everyone

I got a new 2017 MBP for work and love it so far. The only problem is, that every conference room at my workplace has large screens for presentations which uses a mini-displayport cable to hook up to.

So when I bought the MBP I also bought a usb-c -> Mini-displayport adapter, thinking that I could use this to hook up my machine to our conference room screens.

But NO.... No response when plugging the screen MDP into the adapter and that into my MBP.

Have anyone had any luck with usb-c to MDP?

I'm thinking I might have to buy a usb-c to hdmi (which some folks on this forum have succes with) and then buy a hdmi to MDP (female) on top of that. So I'll be buying an adapter for my adapter. *sigh*

Have anyone tried something like this with a happy outcome?

Darkashnet

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2010
I use the Dell P2415Q with my 2017 15" with this dongle which powers the 4k at 60hz with no issues. It'll do until Apple release their display (no interest in those hideous LG ones).

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
What available inputs do the work displays have?
What resolutions will they support?

I will guess that you need a "USB-c (Mac end) to display port (display end) converter/adapter.

But again, this is dependent as to what's on "the display end" of things.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.