2018 iPad and Tempered Glass Screen Protector

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by rosyapple, Mar 31, 2018.

1. rosyapple macrumors member

Hi,

I'm thinking of buying 2018 iPad. I currently have a 2017 iPad (128GB) but I need one with Apple Pencil for school.

I live in Europe, so there are no discounts for older iPad Pros, that's why I have decided to get the new 2018 iPad. Also, I need the disk space and with my limited budget at the moment, I can only afford 128GB 2018 iPad + Apple Pencil. My iPad before the 2017 iPad was an iPad 1 which had 64GB and I used up all the space.

My current 2017 iPad uses a tempered glass screen protector and I have been pretty happy with it. I have never tried an iPad without a screen protector though, so I won't know whether it's actually faster/more sensitive without.

However I'm not sure whether or not I should add a screen protector with the new iPad. With the new iPad 2018 and its non-laminated display and the air gap between the glass panel and the screen content below, would adding a tempered glass screen protector decrease the sensitivity of the Apple Pencil or disallow me from being able to use the Apple Pencil on the new iPad?

2. LovingTeddy macrumors 65816

LovingTeddy

I have iPad Pro with glass screen protector. Apple Pencil worked fine.

3. systemind macrumors newbie

4. iMerik macrumors 6502a