2018 Mac Mini & Handbrake

scifi451

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 3, 2003
MN
I looked around and could not find an answer to this yet. I am wondering if there would be a speed improvement (in the number of hours it would take) for converting a Blu-ray rip to an Apple TV compatible format using Handbrake on the new Mac Mini compared to previous Mac Minis?

archer75

macrumors 68030
Jan 26, 2005
Oregon
I looked around and could not find an answer to this yet. I am wondering if there would be a speed improvement (in the number of hours it would take) for converting a Blu-ray rip to an Apple TV compatible format using Handbrake on the new Mac Mini compared to previous Mac Minis?
Absolutely. A significant performance increase. My PC has an Intel 6 core 5820 and the new i7 in the mini is still 3x faster than that. Compared to the old mini it would be a massive improvement.

wdwpsu

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2017
Orlando
How are you ripping Blu-rays on a optical driveless mac mini?

doboy

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2007
Heck ya!!!