Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

barkins

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 15, 2006
Encino, CA
I just bought a new MacBook Pro, 2018 model and I'm experiencing a stuttering mouse situation. The mouse is plugged in via USB using a dock.

I tried using the trackpad and I'm still experiencing the issue.

Anyone else run into this? Thanks

Painter2002

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2017
Austin, TX
I just bought a new MacBook Pro, 2018 model and I'm experiencing a stuttering mouse situation. The mouse is plugged in via USB using a dock.

I tried using the trackpad and I'm still experiencing the issue.

Anyone else run into this? Thanks
I have a couple questions:

What mouse are you using?

Are you using a universal Bluetooth connector with a keyboard connected to the same Bluetooth dongle as the mouse (I.e. like the Logitech universal dongle)?

And finally, are you connected to WiFi on a 2.4ghz frequency?

I ask these questions because if either of the last two are true, that could be the issue. My Logitech MX Master sometimes has issues if I am using the universal Logitech dongle with a Bluetooth keyboard at the same time, and it can have issues if I am connected to a 2.4ghz frequency too. Connecting directly to the MacBook’s Bluetooth and using 5.0ghz frequency WiFi fixes the lag I sometimes would get with my mouse too.

BuCkDoG

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2013
Its probably most certainly your mouse and not the computer. Just my two cents.

barkins

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 15, 2006
Encino, CA
I believe I found the issue. It seems using my monitor as a pass through for the mouse was the issue. Connecting it straight to the computer via dongle seems to have solved the issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.