2018 Thanksgiving Day Challenge??

PCtoMAC1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Guess it’s not coming this year. Gotta say that it’s a let down.

CaptMarvel

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
I must admit, after receiving last years Thanksgiving Day badge I am slightly disappointed there isn’t one for this year. Nonetheless I still plan on a 5K that day.

Side note, maybe Apple is actually working on the currently buggy awards system since there’s a segment of Apple Watch users that are two days behind.

tiggerlove

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2018
This year I wouldn’t be doing it if we have to go out...here in NY is going to be too cold withe the wind chill they say it’s going to feel like 18 degrees. They should consider when they do these challenges that you can do some kinda of workout indoors since outdoors is not always the way to go. Have a great Turkey Day. Everyone.

Jason Hensley

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2018
I must admit, after receiving last years Thanksgiving Day badge I am slightly disappointed there isn’t one for this year. Nonetheless I still plan on a 5K that day.

Side note, maybe Apple is actually working on the currently buggy awards system since there’s a segment of Apple Watch users that are two days behind.
I can’t believe we’re still dealing with this.

23SFM

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2018
I can’t believe we’re still dealing with this.
Clearly they are aware of it. Frustrating as there doesn’t seem to be any consistency with this program. They really have something here. The community of participants is substantial. You would think someone has mapped out the badges and challenges for the year. Maybe not... either way they do so much well, this part of their universe...not so much. Come on Mothership...you’re better than this.

Reactions: Cutejoyus

PCtoMAC1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
I'm pissed that my 2017 challenge disappeared and never came back. >:-([/QUOTE]

As am I. I really think Apple dropped the ball on this. Especially the Thanksgiving day challenge! It was the FIRST Apple Watch health challenge and the first one they repeated! This is a huge fail!!!

Reactions: Cutejoyus

kohlson

macrumors 68000
Apr 23, 2010
For me, I getting "challenged out." They don't seem to work that well. Most days, I exercise several times per day, and at least a couple of times a week it doesn't register one or two of them. A couple of the Ltd Edition challenges have come and gone, or been awarded and then disappeared. So I'm thinking of just focusing on 2 main metrics: steps and minimum calories/day. Just after I nail this month's challenge.

1Day@Atime!

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2018

Me too!!! Let me know how you do!
[doublepost=1542889506][/doublepost]I agree with CaptMarvel! I am going to do my Turkey Day 5k with or without an Apple Watch badge, although it was so cool last year to show that to everyone around the Thanksgiving table!

tromboneaholic

Suspended
Jun 9, 2004
Clearwater, FL
Apple has turned this into a hot mess. My AW4 is so much more generous than my previous models when it come to recorded activity, I am lacking faith in any accuracy.
I notice activity is more generous as well. I haven't gone on a long outdoor walk to calibrate it and see if there is an improvement. Has anyone tried to calibrate it with an outdoor walk?

Reactions: Newtons Apple

Jeremyvw

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2018
This year I wouldn’t be doing it if we have to go out...here in NY is going to be too cold withe the wind chill they say it’s going to feel like 18 degrees. They should consider when they do these challenges that you can do some kinda of workout indoors since outdoors is not always the way to go. Have a great Turkey Day. Everyone.
[doublepost=1542901250][/doublepost]Don’t let the weather ever stop you. I live in Alaska where it’s about 20 degrees outside with 10 hours of total darkness. I just got up this morning at 4AM and ran 3.10 miles. Happy thanksgiving and enjoy your workout
upload_2018-11-22_6-40-20.png

Attachments

Jason Hensley

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2018
3E6AE6AA-7303-4947-8CFD-91EA2DF619D3.png
No running for me, my dog is still recovering from leg surgery. But we did go for a nice long walk: