Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

_Komal_

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2019
Since owning this Apple product the screen has cracked twice resulting in a need for a repair. The 1st repair occurred within a month of having the product in our possession without any explanation to the cause of damage (i.e. dropping the laptop, items caught between the screen and keyboard, force on the screen as explained as potential causes of damage by the Apple technician at the Apple Store as well as online service reps). None of these circumstances occurred that could cause the damage that occurred to the screen. The 2nd repair is currently going on as of 12/16/2019 for the same issue once again without any explanation to the cause of damage. The product is in a shell case and then also in a padded case. I feel that the product is defective and explained my case to Apple representatives at the store as well as via the Customer Service reps via phone. I would like to return the product because I believe it is defective but they will not allow for a return as it has had damage to it. They will only offer to repair it without charge. Just wondering if anyone else had this issue? It is a pain to deal with repeatedly especially for a $2500+ (due to upgrades) product!!!

49erRedGold

Suspended
Dec 8, 2019
Screens don't crack themselves. There's zero logic to it and defies the law of physics. If it was a defect it would've come cracked out of the box as the MacBook's screen is already closed down. Good luck with that but cracked screens are from user negligence, unless you can prove otherwise.

_Komal_

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2019
Screens don't crack themselves. There's zero logic to it and defies the law of physics. If it was a defect it would've come cracked out of the box as the MacBook's screen is already closed down. Good luck with that but cracked screens are from user negligence, unless you can prove otherwise.

I get what your saying but I had a MBP previously that never had this issue-but thanks for your honesty.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.