Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bushman4

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
Hate to think that biggest improvement in 2019 is the Camera. Has Apple doubled down on security and stopped the leaks???
If Tim Cook has kept his word about doubling down on security perhaps there is a nice new feature coming to the 2019 iPhone just that nobody knows ........wishful thinking or reality

delta0

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2018
London
My hope is 5g but I’m expecting it to be a reality for most other phone manufacturers and not Apple for another year..

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Leaks are inevitable once the product prototype exists, no matter how double down the security is. And Apple can always keep some surprises to everybody.

However, if the main design is essentially the same from last year, 2019 iPhone is going to be a very lacklustre iPhone. Nobody cares about perks until they use the new iPhone. They care about the design first.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Hate to think that biggest improvement in 2019 is the Camera. Has Apple doubled down on security and stopped the leaks???

Your thread seems a bit premature to be posting this, because production for the iPhone likely just started within the last few weeks, and August usually has more leaks towards the end.

Additionally, What exactly is there to ‘Leak’? (Rhetorical) The phone primarily looks the same as it is, the logic board has allegedly already leaked. The only other thing that could possibly leak that would be different would be the triple lens camera module, which we all have an idea would look like.

Last edited:

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
Oh I'm hoping it's lacklustre alright.

& it forces Apple to release the best bang for buck iPhone we've seen in years (in 2020).

FFR

Suspended
Nov 4, 2007
London
Your thread seems a bit premature to be posting this, because production for the iPhone likely just started within the last few weeks, and August usually has more leaks towards the end.

Additionally, What exactly is there to ‘Leak’? (Rhetorical) The phone primarily looks the same as it is, the logic board has allegedly already leaked. The only other thing that could possibly leak that would be different would be the triple lens camera module, which we all have an idea would look like.

It’s a completely redesigned logic board, which makes it’s all new on the inside with a bigger battery.

If apple wants to use the the xs/xs max shell, that’s fine with me. I really like the xs/xs max design.

49e82c0ee2570a7096334d37ffd1ce5f.jpg

Oh I'm hoping it's lacklustre alright.

& it forces Apple to release the best bang for buck iPhone we've seen in years (in 2020).

The iPhone 7/7plus was thought to be lackluster by large number of posters, one extra camera and a new color jet black.

We all know how that turned out.

The year after we got the iPhone X where apple increased the price.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
It’s a completely redesigned logic board, which makes it’s all new on the inside with a bigger battery.

If apple wants to use the the xs/xs max shell, that’s fine with me. I really like the xs/xs max design.

49e82c0ee2570a7096334d37ffd1ce5f.jpg

I think the triple lens camera is going to change a lot of minds once Apple debuts what it can do. I see so many comments about they focus on the aesthetics that the camera is ‘ugly’, but does not anyone care about its actual capability? That’s the thing that becomes the game changer in what it can execute.

Reactions: Five_Oh

FFR

Suspended
Nov 4, 2007
London
I think the triple lens camera is going to change a lot of minds once Apple debuts what it can do. I see so many comments about they focus on the aesthetics that the camera is ‘ugly’, but does not anyone care about its actual capability? That’s the thing that becomes the game changer in what it can execute.

These are the same posters that derided the notch or claimed the xr display was sub par before either were released. They also claimed those models wouldn’t sell, and apple was doomed.

They get proven wrong every year.

I actually really like the aesthetic of the three camera setup, it looks like the old cameras from the 60’s.

And I’m sure your right apple will introduce their version of the three camera set up just like they did with the dual version, back with the 7 plus, and it will become a game changer. Just don’t expect of those posters to ever admit it. ;)

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
The iPhone 7/7plus was thought to be lackluster by large number of posters, one extra camera and a new color jet black.

We all know how that turned out.

The year after we got the iPhone X where apple increased the price.

Just so it's clear, I'm not bashing the phone - it'll appeal to many who haven't upgraded in years & may trigger a big turnover of users converting to a Face ID iPhone.

My agenda for hopes of low sales is the resultant lowering of prices for these things.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.