2019 Digital Planner/Notebook (GoodNotes)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sracer, Dec 22, 2018.

1. sracer, Jan 10, 2019 at 10:09 AM
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2019 at 5:08 AM

sracer thread starter macrumors 604

sracer

If by "it" you mean continuously scroll, then yes... Notability will do that with all notebooks/notes. It was specifically designed for students in mind and being able to seamlessly view previous pages is very important for that audience.

I'm a paper person by nature as well. GoodNotes has helped me to eliminate all of my paper notepads, mini notebooks, large binders of notes as reference docs.

GoodNotes supports multiple notebooks... and they can all look very different. I currently have 5: One for work, home, ministry, experimenting with notebook ideas, and sketching (which uses the internal GoodNotes styles). They all look and feel different.

2. ssledoux macrumors 6502a

ssledoux

[/QUOTE]

Okay well where can I get a tutorial? Lol

I’m gonna go ahead and download it, and see if I’m super confused or what.

3. sracer thread starter macrumors 604

sracer

1. Once you install GoodNotes, on your iPad, use Safari (on your iPad) to go to the beginning of this thread...
    2. scroll down until you find the attachment in that first post.
    3. tap on the attachment. (a new tab will open and prompt you...)
    4. The default action might be something like "GoodReader", under that will be "More..." tap on "More..."
    5. on the pop-up window, swipe the top row of colored icons to the left to view the other options...
    6. You should see an option that says, "Copy to GoodNotes". Tap on that.
    7. From there GoodNotes launches and you'll be asked what category to put it in. Select "Uncategorized"
    That's it! The planner is installed. Tap on it to open it. Just keep in mind that you need to tap on the ( / ) icon (pen with the "prohibited" icon over it) to navigate through the links in the planner.

4. ssledoux macrumors 6502a

ssledoux

5. sracer, Jan 11, 2019 at 3:42 AM
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2019 at 5:09 AM

sracer thread starter macrumors 604

sracer

Terrific! Glad to hear that you were able to get GoodNotes running with the planner.

The next thing to learn how to do in GoodNotes is how to copy a page and add it where you need it... because you'll need to add one of the blank template pages (the pages between the cover and the January monthly overview) to the appropriate area as you take notes.

6. Thomas Davie macrumors 6502

Sracer - I am following what you do, have downloaded your planner and am starting to dig into it. Trouble is I’ve got the following programs and am sorta using them all (Notes Plus, Notepad+ Pro, Nebo, Notability, GoodNotes, ZoomNotes, Noteshelf 2, NotesWriter Pro and a few sticky note programs).

I’m 58 and have started throwing out almost all my papers going back 30 years or more

When I start thoroughly using your attachment I’ll provide as many comments as possible.

Just spending my time looking for ‘the perfect’ note taking app for my iPad Pro 12.9

Thanks for your attachment

Tom

7. ssledoux macrumors 6502a

ssledoux

Yes. I was wondering how to do just that.

8. sracer thread starter macrumors 604

sracer

OK, try this...

1. Make sure you have Goodnotes open and the planner loaded.
    2. tap on the icon with 4 blocks in the upper left. (that brings up an overview of all pages)
    3. tap on "Edit" in the upper right.
    4. tap on the blank page you want to copy (there will be an orange/red border on the page.
    5. on the bottom of that dialog, tap "Copy".
    6. tap "Done" in the upper right.
    7. while still on this overview window, tap "+" in the upper left.
    8. (you should see (+) icons before and after every page)
    9. Locate where in the planner you want to put this new blank page.
    10. tap on the (+) icon to the right of the page (to add the page AFTER that page)
    11. (a popup menu appears) tap on "Paste Copied Pages"
    12. tap on "Done".
    It sounds more involved than it actually is but I wanted to be explicit on the steps.

hope this helps.

9. ssledoux macrumors 6502a

ssledoux

Thank you so much! I will do that ASAP.