2019 iMac wakes from sleep immediately after going to sleep

Benz63amg

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
This happened twice now, as soon as I put the iMac to sleep it wakes right back up and I basically need to press the sleep button again in the Apple menu and then it goes to sleep, why doesn’t it go to sleep the first time?

Mojave latest version is installed on the iMac.

nihil0

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2016
Maybe you have some app in bg that wakes it up. Do you have Wake on network access enabled? If yes, disable it.

CoastalOR

macrumors 68020
Jan 19, 2015
Oregon, USA
This happened twice now, as soon as I put the iMac to sleep it wakes right back up and I basically need to press the sleep button again in the Apple menu and then it goes to sleep, why doesn’t it go to sleep the first time?
Mojave latest version is installed on the iMac.
My issue is not that it wakes up by itself, it DOESN'T wake up after being asleep for an extended period of time but it only happened twice thus far (I owned the Mac for 2 weeks). It doesn’t happen every time either as I just woke up the iMac by pressing a random key on the magic keyboard after the iMac was asleep all night and it woke up just fine.
and no, wake on network access is disabled as can seen in the screenshot i attached a few posts above.
Your posts are confusing.

Go back and read your first post again. Maybe you need to edit the first post to describe the correct problem and attach the screenshot that is missing so people do not waste their time posting help for the wrong problem.

Benz63amg

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
Your posts are confusing.

Go back and read your first post again. Maybe you need to edit the first post to describe the correct problem and attach the screenshot that is missing so people do not waste their time posting help for the wrong problem.
I edited it, Thank you for pointing it out. i got confused with a different thread about a different issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: CoastalOR

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
those two quotes are from this thread.

do you have apple watch and ”unlock with apple watch” enabled? if you do, that may be the reason - my macbook instantly wakes up/unlocks if i touch a mouse/trackpad accidentally - and im not sure if i actually have touched anything when macbook were unlocked few times. i finally turned it off (apple watch unlock feature), because it was PIA getting macbook to sleep/be locked when attached to the egpu.

Last edited:

Benz63amg

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
those two quotes are from this thread.
My apologies, i got confused with another thread i started about a separate sleep issue where my iMac doesn't wake from sleep after an extended period of time sleeping and i have to press the power button to wake it up.

Wake iMac with Apple Watch is disabled

Last edited: