2019 Macbook Pro Update and Computex 2019

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Precursor, May 28, 2019.

1. Precursor macrumors 6502a

Precursor

I have been reading news from Computex 2019 and there are some really cool stuff coming out. Icelake processors with native Thunderbolt 3 support (one on each side) just announced, NVME SSDs with 5 GB/s read-write speeds, up to 64 GB LPDDR4, Dell XPS with OLED displays, Wi-Fi 6 etc.

Do you guys think Apple hurried this MBP update just before Computex so they will have more time until next update? It seems competetion will be ahead for a while again

2. leman macrumors G3

Ice Lake and other stuff won't be on the market before late autumn. Most other vendors have announced new modes at Computex which bring the same CPUs etc. that Apple started selling a week ago.

I think Apple announced their update before Computex this time simply to get rid of the perception that they are lagging behind in updates. This time they were a week before Dell :)

3. Zdigital2015 macrumors 65816

The Ice Lake CPUs that were introduced today are suitable for the 12" MacBook, 13" MacBook Air or 13" nTB MacBook Pro. Intel will not have 45w TDP H-Series CPUs suitable for the 15" MacBook Pro out until 2020 or possibly 2021.

Apple got this update out the door because there was no reason to wait, they got hammered after they released 8th Gen MBPs after WWDC and they wanted to clear the decks before WWDC 2019.

4. willpost macrumors newbie

willpost

From the testing done on the 2019 MBP -speed testing from different folks posting online - the only hesitation I had in a purchase before the WWDC was if at the WWDC, it would be announced that a 17" model would be released.