Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

parlem

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2010
I've just ordered a 2021 M1 Pro 16" MBP for ONE THOUSAND EUROS less than the equivalent M2 Pro machine from Apple's refurb store (16Gb RAM, 1Tb SSD). It still costs a small fortune (by my standards) and I appreciate the 2023 M2 Pro is a superior, more refined machine, but you can't beat the value of Apple's refurbished M1s, at the minute, in my opinion. Besides, I just need a large display for my work, not so much the ultimate processing power. Wasn't going to wait for the rumoured 15" MacBook Air.

Coming from a mid-2012 15" matte, high-res display MBP, I'm sooo looking forward to this amazing upgrade! I'm also delighted that I skipped Apple's obsession with thin designs, absurd keyboards and lack of ports ... Jumping from 2012 to 2023 (or 2021, to be fair) feels like I missed no end of Intel nightmares and design compromises. By the way, the mid-2012 machine has been INCREDIBLE value for money, especially after I swapped the plate HD for an SSD. I hope the new machine will last me 10 years, too.

My only concern is whether I'll get used to the glare, which seemed ok when I checked one unit in a physical store, but I'm coming from the anti-glare, totally matte high-resolution display of 2012, so we'll see ...

parlem

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2010
Here's the page:

All prices and models of refurbished hardware in Spain. You'll need to shop from your own Apple store online if you're elsewhere.

RedOctober

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2015
West side of Oz
Totally agree that the refurb MB Pro is great value. I purchased a 14" MBP M1 Pro base model recently coming from a mid-2015 MBP retina and I checked everything I can think of, and it looks absolutely brand new. No scratches on any surface and ports, no signs of oily finger marks on the keyboard, no dead pixels, battery only 2 cycles (which is normal) and even the rubber foot pads at the bottom of the laptop is brand new.

Saved me over AUD$600 compared to the MBP Pro M2 Pro, which in my opinion, is a minor upgrade to the M1 Pro. I won't be buying brand new Apple stuff again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.