Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I thought as it’s a New year we should probably start to look forward to this year rather than looking back on last.

What are my hopes for 2022? More of the same please! Close racing. Yes.

Happily lose
  • inconsistent stewards.
  • Team principals on the radio to the race Director
  • Sky broadcasting
  • Drop sprint racing (gimmick)

Last edited:

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Great idea to start a new thread and completely agree on your hopes and wishes.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Ferrari who did nothing to develop the 2021 car, have interpreted the rules in a better way and have an amazing car!

I sincerely hope not lol. I’d love to see a title battle between Lando Norris and George Russell, with Lewis in the mix too. I can’t see Mercedes not supporting Lewis though if only for this season as he could make history and that is a very valuable prospect for the Mercedes’ brand. Russell is the future of that team though and I hope he has a really good season. I want to see Lando do what he did in 2021 and completely dominate Ricciardo. The speed difference and results gap between those two shocked me, but in a pleasant way.

My biggest demand is this year the title is decided on track and judging by the criticism the FIA are getting, I think we’ll see a shake up this season.

Reactions: ericwn and diggy33

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I sincerely hope not lol. I’d love to see a title battle between Lando Norris and George Russell, with Lewis in the mix too. I can’t see Mercedes not supporting Lewis though if only for this season as he could make history and that is a very valuable prospect for the Mercedes’ brand. Russell is the future of that team though and I hope he has a really good season. I want to see Lando do what he did in 2021 and completely dominate Ricciardo. The speed difference and results gap between those two shocked me, but in a pleasant way.

My biggest demand is this year the title is decided on track and judging by the criticism the FIA are getting, I think we’ll see a shake up this season.
Not a Ferrari fan either and would love to see McLaren mixing it up (especially Lando). Not sure Russell will have the measure of Lewis in year one. But it will be interesting to see!

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
We don’t want run off areas. We want grass and gravel. That way the stewards don’t need to get involved when someone cuts a corner. They won’t have an advantage. It will be a big disadvantage. At best dirty tyres. At worst, beached in the gravel.

• Love
Reactions: cyb3rdud3 and RedGT

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Anybody pick up in the fact Otmar Szafnauer has left Aston Martin after 12 years with the team? Could he be heading to Alpine to replace Cyril?

Seems the most-likely option.

He did wonders with Force India, but once Stroll took over the performance started to slide so maybe he sees more opportunities for wins with Alpine or there was some friction between him and Whitmarsh regarding roles and responsibilities within the F1 team.

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Seems the most-likely option.

He did wonders with Force India, but once Stroll took over the performance started to slide so maybe he sees more opportunities for wins with Alpine or there was some friction between him and Whitmarsh regarding roles and responsibilities within the F1 team.
I wouldn't want to work with the Stroll dad would you?

Reactions: Pezimak

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Did someone drop something on your head? Haas will take the last spot on the grid until they decide to double their investment for decades or (more likely), pull out. I never understand why teams run around at the back for so many seasons.

Sorry I was asked for my wildest predictions.
( just being a bit silly)

Last edited:
Reactions: Glideslope

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
I never understand why teams run around at the back for so many seasons.

I imagine it's marketing - just being part of "The Show" is enough. In Haas' case, it's about showcasing their CNC technology in Formula One to promote it in every other industry. And Haas did exceptionally well in their early season so they may very well consider it "mission accomplished" and are now just running out the clock on their contracts.

Reactions: pachyderm
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.