Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fastmax

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
Here is the new 2022 edition of the Black Friday Deals thread I posted last year. Keep checking this master list for updates as new deals drop. Please share the best deals you have found as some great ones will pop up over this Holiday Season!

MAC AND IOS APPS:

WinterFest - A Festival of Artisanal Software is Live and includes discounts on Scrivener, BBEdit and others

Paprika Recipe Manager - 50% OFF on Mac and iOS until the end of November

Screenflow - Advanced screen recording and editing software for Mac is 20% OFF

BusyCal and BusyContacts are on sale at a significant discount @
BundleHunt until December 31st

Notebooks - 30% OFF on Mac and iOS for their Black Friday Promotion or buy with Direct purchase

Mellel - The academic word processor for Mac is 25% OFF until December 1st

Standard Notes - Secure Note app for all your devices: 40% OFF yearly Professional plan ENDED

TaskPaper - Plain text to-do lists for Mac: 50% OFF @ $12.50 (Black Friday PICK-ME-APPS Bundle)

SideNotes - Quick note-taking app for Mac and iOS is 40% OFF

SnipNotes - Note app that you can access from the Mac menubar (40% OFF) and iOS app also on sale ENDED

Pixelmator Pro - 50% OFF (phenomenal value @ $20 for this powerful graphics app)

Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and Affinity Publisher 2 - 40% OFF - or $99 for entire Suite!

Acorn 7 - Image Editor: 50% OFF @ $20 (Black Friday PICK-ME-APPS Bundle)

PastePal - Universal iCloud Clipboard Manager: $7.99 ENDED

TextSniper - OCR text from your Mac screen: 50% OFF from Mac App Store / 50% OFF @ PICK-ME-APPS Bundle or 40% OFF from developer with code: TSBFG2022

BetterTouchTool - The amazingly configurable gesture-based Mac app @ 25% OFF with code: BTT_BLACK_FRIDAY_2022 (True Lifetime License available)

Yoink - On sale for Mac ($3 OFF) and iOS ($2 OFF) ENDED

Ergonis has Typinator, PopChar and KeyCue on sale for 30% OFF until December 11th with code: CELEBRATE-RELAUNCH

iStat Menus - 50% OFF the venerable Mac utility for Black Friday and Cyber Monday

Better Battery 2 - The Pro Edition of this advanced Battery Health and Info Monitor is 65% OFF

DaisyDisk - 50% OFF this utility to recover disk space on your Mac

Little Snitch - 50% OFF the powerful network monitor and firewall utility ENDED

LaunchBar - 50% OFF the OG keyboard app launcher and file action tool ENDED

StopTheMadness - Mac and iOS Safari extension that extends functionality and protects privacy: $3 OFF until December 1st (Also works with Firefox and Chromium on Mac)

Downie 4 - YouTube video downloader: 50% OFF @ $10 (Black Friday PICK-ME-APPS Bundle)

WiFi Explorer - The powerful Wi-Fi scanner is 50% OFF

Devontechnologies - All apps 25% OFF starting November 25th - 28th

iMazing - The incredibly useful app for managing your iOS devices is 50% OFF from the developer

WEB SERVICES:

Write.as - Elegant blogging platform that focuses on putting your writing first is offering 25% OFF Pro plan until November 28th

Carrd - Simple and beautiful one-page websites. 40% OFF Pro Standard plan

Plex - Media management and streaming platform. 25% OFF Lifetime Pass with code: FANFRIDAY22 (Good through November 27th)

ACCESSORIES:

Belkin just launched their Black Friday Sale! They have their iPhone BoostCharge 10W Car Charger with power supply for $45 (25% OFF) and their BoostCharge Pro 15W MagSafe travel charger for $30 without power supply (40% OFF)
BoostCharge Wireless Car Charger for Cyber Monday @ $35.99 along with $30 for the BoostCharge Pro MagSafe 15W Charger and same deal happening @ Amazon

Anker - 633 MagGo 10,000mAh Magnetic Battery is 25% OFF @ Amazon for $60
511 USB C 30W is on an Amazon Black Friday deal @ $15.99
511 USB C 20W Charger is 24% OFF @ Amazon for $12.99 + $1 OFF Coupon (Great compact charger) / Get the same charger with excellent Anker 6ft USB-C to Lightning cable @ 33% OFF for $19.99
PowerDrive III Duo 40W Car Charger is 35% OFF @ Amazon for $18.99

Manhattan Portage - Outstanding quality lightweight gear bags @ 40% OFF sitewide with code: OFF40 (ends November 27th) ENDED

Aer - 20% OFF sitewide of their high quality and well-designed tech oriented gear bags with code: TWENTY (ends November 28th)

OFFGRID Sleeve - A perfect Faraday bag for travel to carry your iPhone, passport and other cards @ 20% OFF for Amazon Prime Black Friday

Silent Pocket Sleeve - iPhone Faraday bag that is more compact than the OFFGRID one on Amazon Prime Cyber Monday Deal (Medium fits regular size phone with case and plus size with slim case)

Twelve South - Black Friday deals on a slew of Apple accessories

Caudabe - 30% OFF iPhone cases and accessories during their Black Friday Early Access sale with code: 30EARLY4BF (ends November 24th) New sale 25% OFF with code: 22BF25OFF ENDED

Smartish - Their Gripmunk and Gripzilla cases are on a Cyber Monday sale with Amazon Prime

Nomad Goods - Their Everything Black Friday sale @ 25% OFF includes their iPhone cases and other Apple-centric accessories
Cyber Monday 30% OFF

Spigen - Their case lineup is on Cyber Monday Amazon Prime Deals as is their
O-Mag Ring Magnetic Phone Holder Grip

ESR - HaloLock Magnetic Phone Ring Cyber Monday Amazon Prime Deal

Sonos - They are offering many of their sound products @ 20% OFF! ENDED

Last edited:

fastmax

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
StopTheMadness looks like a very powerful extension for Safari and can even block tracking links and protect from expansion of malicious short links. Has anyone tried it?

Reactions: Idgit

fastmax

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
Belkin has their Black Friday Sale live and they have the MagSafe travel charger for $30 (40% OFF) if you already have a high capacity wall charger! Links added to the master list above.

Last edited:

fastmax

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
StopTheMadness looks like a very powerful extension for Safari and can even block tracking links and protect from expansion of malicious short links. Has anyone tried it?
I found this Macworld (MAC GEMS) article about StopTheMadness. Looks like this is a great Safari extension to have.

Reactions: Idgit

Cindori

macrumors 68040
Jan 17, 2008
Sweden
We've launched our Black Friday Sale over at Cindori.

Get our flagship app:

Sensei – Monitor and optimize your Mac performance: 50% off

Sensei includes features like a status bar performance monitor, temperature monitoring, disk cleaner and more. Supports Intel/Apple Silicon running 10.15 or later.

black-friday-large.jpg

Reactions: Blaine

tumulthype

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2022
Tumult HQ
Tumult Hype and Tumult Whisk are 30% off until 12/1! Tumult Hype is the best way to make animated and interactive HTML5 content. And Tumult Whisk is a live preview HTML, CSS, and JS editor and it’s the fastest way to see the effect of your code as you write it.
Use the code CYBERHYPERMONDAY, or visit this page.

fastmax

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
That seems pretty reasonable then. They also give a nice discount to previous owners. Do you like the app?

fastmax

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
It’s a good app, I recommend it recently.
https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...eb-pages.2369823/?post=31727116#post-31727116
But bought today, that “lifetime” might mean a year or two of free updates. I don’t say it’s not reasonable, just to be aware.
Yes, definitely good to know how version licensing works for most apps these days, which requires a reduced upgrade fee for each new major version. With subscriptions becoming more common, there seem to be fewer and fewer apps that are pay once. I'm trying to think of apps that I only payed for once and keep getting free updates. The Alfred Mega Supporter license is the only thing that comes to mind.

fastmax

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
For those looking to customize the input device on their Mac to perform almost any function, BetterTouchTool just dropped their 25% OFF sale! Updated above.

Last edited:

Idgit

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2004
I just bought this today and wow, this extension has a ton of useful features. I really like the url redirects. If there is a website that doesn't work well with Safari or with Safari's adblocker, I can have it open automatically in Firefox or Chrome.

BTW, this extension also works in Firefox and Chromium browsers. When you launch it for the first time, it offers the option to install in those browsers.

fastmax

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
I just bought this today and wow, this extension has a ton of useful features. I really like the url redirects. If there is a website that doesn't work well with Safari or with Safari's adblocker, I can have it open automatically in Firefox or Chrome.

BTW, this extension also works in Firefox and Chromium browsers. When you launch it for the first time, it offers the option to install in those browsers.
That's some good feedback! Sounds like a powerful addition to the most popular browsers on the Mac.

fastmax

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
If anyone is looking for a top-rated bag for your iPhone and MBP accessories check out the Slim Pouch from Aer. All their gear just went on a 20% OFF sale sitewide. I will be picking up this one for sure. Details updated above.

Last edited:

I WAS the one

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2006
Orlando, FL
Anyone knows about Black Friday HOT deals for Black Friday? I found these gems:

1. VECTOR STYLER at 50% OFF!!! Regular price: $94!! (get it for $45!)
2. AFFINITY SUITE (all 9 apps! 3 for Macs, 3 for PCs and 3 for iPads bundle) at $40% OFF!!! Regular price: $480!! (get it for $99)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.