Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has announced the apps and games that are receiving a 2023 Apple Design Award for outstanding app design, innovation, ingenuity, and technical achievement, with winners that include Afterplace, Flighty, Any Distance, and more.

Applp-WWDC23-Design-Awards-trophy-230605.jpg

Apps have won in a range of categories such as Inclusivity, Delight and Fun, Interaction, Social Impact, Visuals and Graphics, and Innovation, with a full list of winners available below.
Inclusivity

• Universe - Website Builder
  • stitch.
Delight and Fun

• Duolingo
  • Afterplace
Interaction

• Flighty
  • Railbound
Social Impact

• Headspace
  • Endling
Visuals and Graphics

• Any Distance
  • Resident Evil Village
Innovation

• SwingVision: A.I. Tennis App
  • MARVEL SNAP
Links and additional information about each of the winning apps can be found in Apple's newsroom article. Winners will receive a physical award and hardware to help them continue to create apps and games.

Article Link: 2023 Apple Design Award Winners Announced During WWDC

himanshumodi

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2012
India
Flighty is a good app. Will try out Railbound
I bought Railbound. Mostly because it reminded me of a fantastic game called "Trainyard". Railbound has better visuals. But the puzzle difficulty of Trainyard was so much better and satisfying. One of the best puzzlers ever to have graced app store

GMShadow

macrumors 68000
Jun 8, 2021
I’d have been snarky and given Apollo a special award outside these categories just to rub Reddit’s nose in it.

Reactions: Sharkoneau

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022
Hey congrats Ben Brode and your team at Second Dinner for Marvel Snap winning. Always love Ben Brode's team back when they were with Blizzard making Hearthstone

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Wait WTH?!

Apps have won in a range of categories such as Inclusivity, Delight and Fun, Interaction, Social Impact, Visuals and Graphics, and Innovation, with a full list of winners available below.
Inclusivity

• Universe - Website Builder
  • stitch.
Delight and Fun

• Duolingo
  • Afterplace
Interaction

• Flighty
  • Railbound
Social Impact

• Headspace
  • Endling
Visuals and Graphics

• Any Distance
  • Resident Evil Village
Innovation

• SwingVision: A.I. Tennis App
  • MARVEL SNAP
Links and additional information about each of the winning apps can be found in Apple's newsroom article. Winners will receive a physical award and hardware to help them continue to create apps and games.

Article Link: 2023 Apple Design Award Winners Announced During WWDC

Something is REALLY wrong with Apple's evaluation or understanding of Applications in their ecosystem, or macrumors editor has a serious mis-type, or somebody at Apple is high (maybe our editor too)?

How on earth does an Education application like DuoLingo get set into delight and fun? Sure I get how the application has that funny psycho bird but learning is supposed to be fun. But it's an educational app first and foremost.

Reactions: thasan

CarAnalogy

macrumors 601
Jun 9, 2021
Wait WTH?!

Something is REALLY wrong with Apple's evaluation or understanding of Applications in their ecosystem, or macrumors editor has a serious mis-type, or somebody at Apple is high (maybe our editor too)?

How on earth does an Education application like DuoLingo get set into delight and fun? Sure I get how the application has that funny psycho bird but learning is supposed to be fun. But it's an educational app first and foremost.

Words don’t mean anything anymore. I mean wtf even are these categories. They’re like bad Jeopardy topics.

• Love
Reactions: DeepIn2U
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.