Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

As two new episodes of "Carpool Karaoke: The Series" air tonight, Apple has shared trailers for next week's episodes, which will pair Queen Latifah and Jada Pinkett Smith and Miley Cyrus and her family.

The first trailer features Miley Cyrus, her dad Billy Ray, her sister Noah, her mom Tish, her brother Braison, her sister Brandy, and her brother Trace. The Cyrus family sings popular Miley Cyrus songs and gets a family photo taken, among other activities.

The second trailer features Queen Latifah and Jada Pinkett Smith. The two sing songs from Janet Jackson and Queen Latifah herself, before Regina Hall and Tiffany Haddish, their fellow "Girls Trip" co-stars, join them.

The episodes featuring the Cyrus family and Queen Latifah and Jada Pinkett Smith will air on Tuesday, August 29.

Tonight's "Carpool Karaoke: The Series" episodes are now available to watch. The first episode stars Maisie Williams and Sophie Turner, the two actresses who play Sansa Stark and Arya Stark, respectively, in HBO's hit series "Game of Thrones."

The second episode stars singer Ariana Grande and and Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane.

"Carpool Karaoke: The Series" debuted on August 8. The first episode starred late night TV host James Corden and Will Smith, while last week's episodes paired Alicia Keys with John Legend and Billy Eichner with Metallica.

Article Link: Apple Shares New 'Carpool Karaoke' Trailers as This Week's Episode With 'Game of Thrones' Stars Airs

Reactions: Donfor39

busyscott

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2015
California
Couldn't even make it through the first one. I may give the Ariana Grande and Seth Macfarlane one a chance, the preview looked pretty good actually.

Reactions: nzgeorge

jlseattle

Cancelled
Jan 9, 2007
Seattle WA
I watched part of the first one. Apple just stick to computers. Let Carpool karaoke alone. Let James do his magic. You can't make it better. Keep it on YouTube. I'm an Apple Music subscriber and avoid going to Apple Music to watch.It's terrible switch bating to try to promote your services. BAD.... Promote your services on YouTube BUT do not redirect people. BAD..

eco7777

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2012
what I don't understand is that the adds said "MUSIC" when they started.

skillwill

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2008
Carpool Kareoke was great as a short, celebrity interview-style feature and the videos went viral, but Apple has changed what was nice about it and it doesn't work in a big, longer format.

Having said that, I subscribe to Apple Music for... the music, if I wanted shows I'd have got something else. So I'm not complaining

LaraCroft835

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
Why, Apple. Out of everything you could have chosen to make into a show, we get this dull nonsense.
nothing bigger on your plate to complain about ?
[doublepost=1503471173][/doublepost]
Any person or company that supports the Cyrus family makes me question why I continue to support said person or company.
on ya bike then
[doublepost=1503471440][/doublepost]this beats Trump by a country mile

Porco

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2005
The first episode stars Maisie Williams and Sophie Turner, the two actresses who play Sansa Stark and Arya Stark, respectively, in HBO's hit series "Game of Thrones."

I think it should be: 'Maisie Williams and Sophie Turner, the two actresses who play Arya Stark and Sansa Stark, respectively' - you've put them the wrong way round. It can get confusing with all that face-swapping I guess. ;)

Kobayagi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012
I'll rather read the comments than watch this.

tenor.gif

neutralguy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2015
Engineers don't make good entertainment. Spoke needs to hire some of the best creative people to make this, if they want you get into media business. At least learn from Netflix!

Bacillus

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
I know that Project Titan was meant to be disruptive, but this way (...?)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.