Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's first-ever event at Steve Jobs Theater will take place tomorrow, Tuesday, September 12, at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time. As usual, Apple will be providing a live stream of the event on its website.

apple-event-september-2017.jpg

Here's when the event will begin based on other time zones in the United States and around the world:
Honolulu, Hawaii -- 7:00 a.m. HAST
Anchorage, Alaska -- 9:00 a.m. AKDT
Cupertino, California -- 10:00 a.m. PDT
Phoenix, Arizona -- 10:00 a.m. MST
Vancouver, Canada -- 10:00 a.m. PDT
Denver, Colorado -- 11:00 a.m. MDT
Dallas, Texas -- 12:00 noon CDT
New York, New York -- 1:00 p.m. EDT
Raleigh, North Carolina -- 1:00 p.m. EDT
Toronto, Canada -- 1:00 p.m. EDT
Halifax, Canada -- 2:00 p.m. ADT
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil -- 2:00 p.m. BRT
London, United Kingdom -- 6:00 p.m. BST
Berlin, Germany -- 7:00 p.m. CEST
Paris, France -- 7:00 p.m. CEST
Cape Town, South Africa -- 7:00 p.m. SAST
Moscow, Russia -- 8:00 p.m. MSK
Helsinki, Finland -- 8:00 p.m. EEST
Istanbul, Turkey -- 8:00 p.m. TRT
Dubai, United Arab Emirates -- 9:00 p.m. GST
Delhi, India -- 10:30 p.m. IST
Jakarta, Indonesia -- 12:00 a.m. WIB next day
Shanghai, China -- 1:00 a.m. CST next day
Singapore -- 1:00 a.m. SGT next day
Perth, Australia -- 1:00 a.m. AWST next day
Hong Kong -- 1:00 a.m. HKT next day
Seoul, South Korea -- 2:00 a.m. KST next day
Tokyo, Japan -- 2:00 a.m. JST next day
Adelaide, Australia -- 2:30 a.m. ACST next day
Sydney, Australia -- 3:00 a.m. AEST next day
Auckland, New Zealand -- 5:00 a.m. NZST next day
Mac and PC users using Safari or Microsoft Edge respectively can simply visit Apple's event page to watch the live stream once it goes live a few minutes before the keynote. The live stream cannot be viewed on alternative web browsers, such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Internet Explorer.

Likewise, the event can also be streamed on any iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch running iOS 7 or later. Simply open the Safari app and navigate to Apple's event page to watch the live stream once it goes live. Third-party browsers may not work.

On the fourth-generation Apple TV, the live stream can be watched by downloading the free Apple Events app from the tvOS App Store [Direct Link]. Third-generation Apple TV users will likely have to wait until the Apple Events app automatically appears on their home screen. No software update is required.

At the event, Apple is expected to announce a trio of new iPhone models, including the so-called "iPhone X" with an OLED display, wireless charging, and facial recognition. Apple Watch Series 3 models and a new Apple TV with 4K video streaming capabilities are also rumored to be unveiled during the keynote.

Article Link: Here's When You Can Watch Apple's First Event at Steve Jobs Theater in Time Zones Around the World

Morris

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2006
London, Europe
Considering Apple uses HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) for these broadcasts (as far as I know) and VLC supports HLS (as far as I know), has anyone ever tried to watch the live keynotes using VLC?

Aldaris

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2004
Salt Lake
What time does it start after bypassing all his "thank you" introduction and his "I sold this amount..." part?
Give it at least 20-25 minutes. They’ll have all the “thank you’s” “look at what we’ve done (state of Apple)” and the obligatory “and were here to offiically open the Steve Jobs theater which is the most amazing place to see our new products and the home of all our future keynotes”...

Seriously I think you have up to a 30 minute egotistical rant.

Reactions: pat500000

B-Mc-C

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2017
Irvine, California
Give it at least 20-25 minutes. They’ll have all the “thank you’s” “look at what we’ve done (state of Apple)” and the obligatory “and were here to offiically open the Steve Jobs theater which is the most amazing place to see our new products and the home of all our future keynotes”...

Pretty sure there have been at least two recent keynotes where Tim has skipped all the "updates" as he calls them and gone straight to business.

Reactions: coolfactor

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015

Hahaha rant. I would love to see live rant on this forum.

Reactions: Sunny1990

iamgalt

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2012

While I'm sure you're right in your predictions, I'm hoping they do a little bit about the new campus; maybe showing some new pictures, or a video with some images we haven't seen yet. Honestly, it'll be the only thing at the event that isn't already known.

Reactions: BriSpe and Aldaris

vlad_djkax

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2016
Brasil
Third-generation Apple TV users will likely have to wait until the Apple Events app automatically appears on their home screen. No software update is required.

In my 3rd Gen ATV, it's been there since the June 5, 2017 event. And the icon is up to date, of course..

IIRC, previously, the App disappeared 2 or 3 weeks after the event happened.

lucasrant

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2008
Does anyone remember is the live stream lets you go back to the beginning of the stream? I'm only going to be able to start playing about 30 minutes after the live stream starts. Would be great if I could watch it from the beginning as opposed to jumping in at the 30 minute mark.

Spendlove

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2015
Cambridge UK
Tv + ATV in the lounge reserved from 6pm UK time. Coffee is all in order and Twitter will be on the iPad. After 14 years since being in the Mac/Apple ecosystem, I still love these keynotes

I tried the same on the last wwdc but I couldn't keep up on the chat and watch the presentation.

Add coffee and I'd be a shivering mess of excitement!
[doublepost=1505160388][/doublepost]I've already been on the uk Apple Store looking at finance options. This one is gonna hurt as I want to upgrade EVERYTHING.

Reactions: Brenster

Aldaris

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2004
Salt Lake
While I'm sure you're right in your predictions, I'm hoping they do a little bit about the new campus; maybe showing some new pictures, or a video with some images we haven't seen yet. Honestly, it'll be the only thing at the event that isn't already known.
I wouldn’t mind some info on the new campus and jobs theater. But it’s like being invited for a party only to get the timeshare/Tupperware schpeel. If they (Tim and co.) can keep it under 10 minutes I’ll be satisfied, anything above that is too over the top imo. Between iOS 11, iPhone 8/X, AirPods 2 and 4K tv, I think the time is better talking about products millions will experience opposed to a campus that for all purposes is probably top secret on designs and future products. Anything more than that seems like poor judgment in deciding what to sell, promote, and build hype for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.