Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Super Mario Run's "biggest update ever" has arrived one day early, with many players noticing the version 3.0.4 update is available to download as of this morning. One of the biggest new additions is "Remix 10," which lets players run through 10 super-short courses in a row to try to find and add Daisy -- the new playable character -- to their roster.

super-mario-run-update-early.jpg

There's also new full-size courses in the game, inhabiting "World Star," including a forest, a ship, and an airship armada. New customization items can be earned from playing Remix 10, and the game has been tweaked so that Toad Rally won't pit you against players whose Toad population is "significantly different" from your own.

Nintendo has also added a subtle visual detail, giving Mario and his playable friends a pair of headphones any time you listen to your own music while playing the game. With the new update, Super Mario Run [Direct Link] is 50 percent off its full price of $9.99 from today until October 12, meaning you can unlock all six worlds for $4.99.

The game is still free-to-start and lets you play the first world for free, with the in-app purchase unlocking the rest of the game's content. If you're looking for more iOS apps and games on sale, be sure to check out our Deals Roundup where we've listed some of the latest discounts happening now on the App Store.

Article Link: Super Mario Run's 'Biggest Update Ever' Arrives on the iOS App Store One Day Early

nyisles84

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2008
Does this still require internet to play? I downloaded it when it came out last year but deleted it due to it not being playable when I am flying often for work.

Reactions: Porco

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
Two things:
#1 - It's always struck me as a bit odd that Princess Daisy isn't a Disney character, but a Nintendo character, while Disney also has a Daisy, Daisy Duck.

#2 - Good to see that Nintendo is equally clueless with how to number versions on both iOS and Switch. (Major version 3.0.4?)

vartanarsen

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2010
Is it just me or is it incredably annoying toplay Mario constantly running? I grew up in the 80s with the original 3. Mario fan ever since, every game I played. They all allow you go up up down, BACKWard and forward, like how any decent human being should be allowed to play Mario!

Jsameds

Suspended
Apr 22, 2008
Is it just me or is it incredably annoying toplay Mario constantly running? I grew up in the 80s with the original 3. Mario fan ever since, every game I played. They all allow you go up up down, BACKWard and forward, like how any decent human being should be allowed to play Mario!

That kind of freedom of movement is good for tactile buttons but not for touchscreens.

4jasontv

Suspended
Jul 31, 2011
Great! Now how do I buy it while I wait for the iPhone X? (I don't have an iPhone.) Can I buy in app purchases via iTunes?

TurboPGT!

Suspended
Sep 25, 2015
I still maintain that this game is the worst thing to ever happen to games, Mario, or iOS gaming.

My 6-year-old obliterated this game because of how ridiculously easy it is. All of the difficulty and challenge that used to be present in games (like Mario of old)...that is what made them fun. They've taken all the fun out, and turned it into an idiot proof 1 button masher.

Reactions: rjp1

MacKai

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
East Bay Area, CA
I feel the same way. I would like the option to play in landscape mode with two hands.

Reactions: RevTEG

TurboPGT!

Suspended
Sep 25, 2015
Great! Now how do I buy it while I wait for the iPhone X? (I don't have an iPhone.) Can I buy in app purchases via iTunes?
Don't buy it until you have the phone. This game is the biggest scam ever released on the App Store and if it were any other indie App it would be rejected for violated App Store rules. This game gets around all of the normal allowances of the App Store (where you can buy an App and redownload it anywhere, or unlock content via In-App purchase and restore it later on the same or other device). They've found a way to make you re-buy the same game on EVERY device (unprecedented!) and Apple somehow allows it.

4jasontv

Suspended
Jul 31, 2011
Don't buy it until you have the phone. This game is the biggest scam ever released on the App Store and if it were any other indie App it would be rejected for violated App Store rules. This game gets around all of the normal allowances of the App Store (where you can buy an App and redownload it anywhere, or unlock content via In-App purchase and restore it later on the same or other device). They've found a way to make you re-buy the same game on EVERY device (unprecedented!) and Apple somehow allows it.

So, yes, I can buy it via itunes?

imronburgundy

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2013
Try Goblin Sword. That game is a phenomenal platformer.

Reactions: Porco

4jasontv

Suspended
Jul 31, 2011
Huh? They were created 40 years apart and only share a name. (Common name at that for certain generations.)

Also, Daisy Duck is needy, manipulative and high maintenance while Princess Daisy is more independent.

ericg301

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2010

I have it on 4 devices in my household and only paid for it once.

4jasontv

Suspended
Jul 31, 2011
Also, when did they change the inability to redownload the IAP? A quick Google search shows screenshots of people doing just that with the ios version Super Mario Run.

Reactions: iapplelove
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.