Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JupiterZen

macrumors regular
Re: 20inch LCD Pictures

Originally posted by Macrumors
Photos of the box and setup of a 20" Apple LCD.

Evil !!!! You make it even harder to ignore how cool they are. Which I was trying to do, because I really don't have the money for one at the moment :(

"I ... must ... believe my 17" LCD ... is not that bad ... "

"I ... must ... believe my 17" LCD ... is not that b... must have 20" ... "

"must ... believe my 17" LCD ... not that bad ... "

"must ... believe ... 20" ... must have ... "

AAARRRCCCHHHH!!!!!!!

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
Re: Sweet desktop image!

Originally posted by Skandranon
Hey, where did he get that gorgeous desktop image? That's not an Apple desktop is it?
yeah its on mac os x. you just gotta look through your desktop pictures. i think its like named water or something, cant remember but its there. if for some reason you dont have it ill send it to you.

iJon

Skandranon

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2002
North Carolina
Not 'Water'...

Originally posted by iJon

yeah its on mac os x. you just gotta look through your desktop pictures. i think its like named water or something, cant remember but its there. if for some reason you dont have it ill send it to you.

iJon

I've attached two images, one of the Water desktop that comes with OS X and the image on this guy's Cinema Display. Note their differences.

Attachments

• water.jpg
    water.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 1,276

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
oh ok, well they looked similar. oh well, just give him a private message and ask him where he got it.

iJon

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
Almost a shame the monitor is in that big corner desk, you can't admire it's thinness there :(

still very nice looking :) i'm just thinking one of these plus a 15" used, for palettes and email... hell of a setup...

pnw

crazytom

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
IL
Here's a (probably stupid) question:

Are all LCD's measured from side to side, breaking away from the diagonal measurements of CRT's and TV's?

JustAGuy

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2002
LotusLand
Nope. LCD's are measured diagonally, just like CRTs. The only difference is that the measurement stops at the end of the viewable area in LCDs rather than continueing under the shroud to the edge of the tube as in CRTs. (aka LCD 15 is bigger than CRT 15 by about 1/2")

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
Very nice looking.. WIsh I had one. Icant afford that and a power
mac though. I'm only 15. Hell, I can't afford the powermac :eek: :rolleyes: :D .

me hate windows

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2002
I want to get one of the 20" displays, but Apple's site says that you have to have a radeon 7500 or better. I have a rage pro with 16 megs of ram. Would it work, because you could use the 22" cinema with it, and that is bigger. Help me

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Originally posted by me hate windows
I want to get one of the 20" displays, but Apple's site says that you have to have a radeon 7500 or better. I have a rage pro with 16 megs of ram. Would it work, because you could use the 22" cinema with it, and that is bigger. Help me

You will need 10.2 and an ADC adaptor.

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
Originally posted by scem0
Very nice looking.. WIsh I had one. Icant afford that and a power
mac though. I'm only 15. Hell, I can't afford the powermac :eek: :rolleyes: :D .
No one cares.

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
Originally posted by Durandal7
No one cares.
Way to snip that teeny chit-chat in the bud.

Did anyone else notice that Apple changed the display on the front page of apple.com?
It used to be a space shuttle taking off, now its a field of flowers.

It's a sad day.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
Originally posted by cr2sh

Way to snip that teeny chit-chat in the bud.

Did anyone else notice that Apple changed the display on the front page of apple.com?
It used to be a space shuttle taking off, now its a field of flowers.

It's a sad day.
wow, didnt notice that, thats very nice of them though considering todays tragic event.

iJon

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
Re: 20inch LCD Pictures

Originally posted by Macrumors
Photos of the box and setup of a 20" Apple LCD.

I've got a question about the screen itself. My desk has an elevated platform for the lcd display. It rests about 6" above the keyboard... but with my current Apple LCD (15") at times it can be difficult. The viewing angle limits the colors I can see at the top of the screen.
Now.. if you dont mind: If you're sitting about a foot away from the new LCD, with your chin about level with the apple logo on the front.... can you see the entire screen well? Is the viewing angle on these new screens higher than the old ones?
I know its a dumb question, but I had to ask... thanks! :D

ThomasJefferson

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2002
Virginia
I am blown away by both the new LCD's and Apples attention to price, Even with the powermacs. I do hope the price range of the powermacs hold in place when the 970 is introduced.

AssassinOfGates

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2002
A cardboard box.
Originally posted by cr2sh

And apparently, the crappiest digital camera ever! :D

Lol, now that I did not buy. We have no digicam, just a Sony DVR-120 Digital 8 Camcorder. I created a still image w/ iMovie. I am aware that the quality sucks, but my Dad prefers 35mm film over digital, so im stuck with what I have. Tis better than nothing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.