21.5 2.5 or 21.5 2.7?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by iFalcon, May 13, 2011.

1. iFalcon macrumors regular

i'm really struggling with our first purchase and cannot decide between which 21.5 models - 2.5 or 2.7.

We are basically only using for browsing, email, word processing, lite picture processing. It doesn't seem to me the small bump in processor and video would be that much.

The thing I'm nervous about is the smaller hard drive and concerns about how easy it is to upgrade in the future. Maybe the additional 300 would be best to spend up from for the 2.7 package which includes the bigger hard drive.

Thanks for the input.

2. Seabit macrumors newbie

Seabit

I'd suggest the 2.7, it might not be the economic option but it would be the better choice if you expand or need to upgrade in the future.

3. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2

4. iFalcon thread starter macrumors regular

We already have an external 1TB drive. I have no problem attempting to replace a hard drive, but read this week about the move Apple made. Either sounds like it's still possible, but has always been a task with the iMac.

300 extra for the 2.7 21.5 isn't that much. Tough decisions. We willl need to add Parallel/Fusion for a couple of Winodws programs.

Thanks again everyone. Have a nice weekend.