21.5 & 27 screen specifics

Discussion in 'iMac' started by 929406, Dec 9, 2009.

1. 929406 macrumors regular

Really want a new Imac but still can't decide between the 21.5 & 27. Even a trip to my local Apple store has not given me a clear answer. I know the size and resolutions are different but what specifically would I be able to do on a 27" screen that I am not on a 21.5"?

There weren't obvious differences when playing around in the store. However I believe the 27 is pretty much the best display Apple makes to date, even better then the 30"

2. Tenshi macrumors newbie

Well what do you plan on using the computer for?

3. 929406 thread starter macrumors regular

mostly everyday computing but I do enjoy post processing and video editing occassionally. currently i have a early 2009 MBP extended to a 23" ACD

4. mtnDewFTW macrumors 6502a

Well, seeing how you have a 23" now, why would you want to downgrade to a 21.5"? Wouldn't make much sense to me.

You're really not getting anything more in the display, other than a bigger size.
    And if you're planning on making this your main desktop, I'd probably get the 27" since it's bigger, so in a couple years, it'll still remain on the big/medium side of the screens.

I'm sorry, it's really all up to you.
    Whichever you feel more comfortable using

5. 929406 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for the advice so far. Has anyone done a comparison between the 23, 24" displays and the new Imac screens? would be interested to see hear first hand experience. While I like my 23, the new LED screens show so much more contrast

How does the increase screen resolution of the 27" relate in everyday use?