21.5" Gap in glass - screen.

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Zenor, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Zenor macrumors member

Hello everyone.

I purchased an iMac 21.5" recently and unfortunately it came with a dead pixel(black) and I can see some hot pixels, also. Can these hot pixels be dust though?

In top-middle part of the screen(where iSight is located) the glass that protects the screen actually has a gap. I mean, in the right and left parts the glass seem to be more stuck than in the middle part.

Actually I can even put my nail inside the glass and I suppose, it can be removed if a lot of pressure is applied. Are all iMacs supposed to be like that?
    Maybe dust gets through there so that's why I see these "hot" pixels.

Do not tell me to remove the frame and clean it up, it's one day old. I just want to know if it is supposed to have that small gap on the top center part.

Thanks in advance!

2. fobfob macrumors 6502

My 27" does not have any such gap. I think it's a problem. Regarding dead and hot pixels, you have to see what Apple's policy is on those.

BTW dust should not look like a "hot" pixel, if by "hot" you mean stuck on. If anything it will look like a dead pixel, but on closer inspection you can see the difference because if it's dust, it will seem to "move" slightly with different viewing angles, and very unlikely to be exactly square like a pixel!