21.5 iMac Apple Store Availablity

Discussion in 'iMac' started by crepotski, Nov 30, 2012.

1. crepotski macrumors newbie

Hi all,

Will the Apple Store have some BTO configurations available in their brick & mortar stores?

For example, I am planning on getting the 21.5" w/ 2.9Ghz Quad Core ($1499 base) and upgrading to 16GB of RAM. Would that be available in the store or do I have to order it online?

2. washburn macrumors 6502

i hear that the stores are getting the base models including 2.9ghz versions and fusion drive but if you want more ram you're going to have order that in

3. crepotski thread starter macrumors newbie

:( I was hoping they'd have several configurations available at the stores... I hope that's the case. :)

4. Johnf1285 macrumors 6502a

Johnf1285

I too have heard some stores are receiving the models with Fusion Drive. It's about 7am EST where I am located, I plan on trying to scoop up a Fusion Drive model from one of the Apple Stores around here this morning. If not, I will hop on the 7-10 day shipping band wagon and order online :eek:

5. The Phazer macrumors 68030

It'll be good if someone with a 3tb Fusion drive can do some playing around and let us know exactly what the dual booting issues are.

6. crepotski thread starter macrumors newbie

Meanwhile back to the original thread of if anyone else has intel on if the Apple retail stores would have 16GB RAM Versions available in the stores.

;)

7. Mic2904 macrumors 6502

They only have the standard machine available. Fusion and RAM Upgrade is BTO.

The store in Glasgow had only 10 Imacs in total!