21.5 imac duel screen options

Discussion in 'iMac' started by jacksoncmc835, Jul 8, 2011.

1. jacksoncmc835 macrumors member

Been looking into buying another screen to go with my imac for a duel screen setup as posted above in title. Trying to find something the will match up pretty close to the imac screen without breaking the bank... trying to stay in 200-250 range max... been looking at hdtvs... because i would like to be able to use the screen as a tv also, but if theres a cheaper option for a monitor that matchs up i would conider it

whats a good match for this model and picture of your set up if running duel screens would be helpful to see...

(note: im sure there is another post similar to this so if this has already been exhaused please post the link)

thanks

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Perhaps this would fit the bill well. It's the same screen size and resolution and includes HDMI input for use as a TV as well. Definitely pass on buying an HDTV as a monitor, it just doesn't work too well.

3. jacksoncmc835 thread starter macrumors member

i though i read awhile back about the dell using the same or similar lcd in there mointors... is that true?,

the price is not to bad,but wouldnt u need a seperate tv tuner to use it as such? im moving soon and am not sure what kind of tv set up im going to have might be running the a regular tv/dtv anteen

4. tmagman macrumors 6502

the Dell ultrasharps use the same IPS type screen as the apple displays, but those will set you back a pretty penny.

Get a USB tv tuner- that way you can also record shows to your hard drive if you want rather than just watch them on the screen... also means you could watch TV in a corner of your screen and be working on other stuff on the rest, rather than losing an entire display to a tv show.

5. jacksoncmc835 thread starter macrumors member

True that, i was jsut searching amzon etc... for stand alone tunner and was about to look at usb ones, if i remeber correctly from past search they where prertty expensive, any suggestion on which one would work ?

i was Browsing the dell site and came across this after looking at the suggest screen any thoughs?

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...ynoteSearch&baynote_bnrank=0&baynote_irrank=0

the nice part about that screen is it can be moved up in down,but other then that are you jsut paying for the name or is it acutal better?

6. jacksoncmc835 thread starter macrumors member