21.5" iMac or 13" Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by maclook, Nov 7, 2009.

1. maclook macrumors 65816

I'm having a hard time deciding between the two. I am upgrading from a plastic 13" Macbook. I love the portability of the 13" notebook, and if I buy an iMac I can still use my current MB to travel with. I travel a lot with my MB though(lots of school time) so having my primary, most powerful computer with me at all times would be great.

-to MBP owners, is the 13" MBP powerful enough and deserving of the "Pro" name
    -anybody with a 21.5" iMac + low end MB combo have any suggestions?

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

What MacBook do you have? If it's one with Core 2 Duo and 9400M, you won't see any difference. I would get iMac because having desktop and laptop is IMO wonderful and ideal setup.

3. MacKiddyWiddy macrumors 6502

seeing as you already have a macbook, then definately an imac, as hellhammer said... it is a nice feeling having a handy portable device but you cant really beat having a nice large desktop when you dont need to move [​IMG]

4. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I would go with the 13 MBP. You can always get a larger external display and make it a desktop. You can make the MBP a desktop, but you can't a iMac a laptop.

5. boston44 macrumors 6502

I have the 13" MBP and find it powerful, but not as powerful as any iMac or 15". It does what I need it to do while maintaining portability. It can do a lot of things though..no shortening on any macbook.

6. boston44 macrumors 6502

Oh, but my advice is to go for the 21.5 imac. You already have a macbook, so why not one of each? The iMac by far is more powerful, and you have portability now.