21.5" iMac Shipping Package

Discussion in 'iMac' started by fandsw, Oct 29, 2010.

1. fandsw macrumors regular

Hey gang,

I'm about to pull the trigger and mailorder a 21.5" iMac from a Apple authorized reseller for my kids' Christmas. Does the 21.5" iMac ship in a plain brown box with the iMac inside of the retail box or does it ship like the Mac Pro in a box with pictures on it? I'm hoping it is a plain box so that if my kids see the UPS/FedEx delivery they won't know what it is.....

TIA!

2. TMRaven macrumors 68020

TMRaven

3. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

Mine was also shipped in a plain box however to find out for sure you should speak to someone at the mail-order house.

4. fandsw thread starter macrumors regular

Well, that will be kinda tough, as I'll be ordering it thru Amazon to take advantage of the lower prices, no Taxes and free shipping. Doubt if the front-line call people will know.....

5. sdalporto macrumors newbie

6. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

You can call Amazon and ask. Chances are you have nothing to worry about. BTW, I purchased mine from www.macconnection.com and would strongly recommend them. As mentioned it did come in a plain brown box, the Apple box was inside that.

7. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

You should be good to go. They tend to come with the fancy box INSIDE a brown box. There is often the serial number/model spec/ on a small sticker on the side though.

Amazon is one of the BEST places to shop.

Do note, you might wait until black Friday, could be discounted more.