21.5" iMac VESA mount

Discussion in 'iMac' started by tanker5, Aug 21, 2013.

1. tanker5 macrumors member

I was wondering if anyone knows of any 3rd party vender that manufactures and sells a VESA mount which replaces the stand for the 2012 21.5" iMac. I know the stand is "not removable" according to Apple. However, I have already unassembled my iMac a few times to upgrade my CPU, RAM, and Hard drive, so the warranty issue is not a big deal for me. The stand can easily be removed once the logic board is removed. If anyone hears anything about a VESA adapter, please share a link.

2. p-i- macrumors newbie

p-i-

I posted a reply to this thread linking to a post I have made on the forum covering this issue.

Very surprised to find that my post has been deleted with "do not cross post".

To me this is insane. Collectively we are trying to organise information on these forums. A post covering a particular issue should connect to all other posts that shed light on the subject. Surely?!

I would like to use a forum where every post is cross-linked to all relevant posts. Who wouldn't want that???

Otherwise what is going to happen? Fragmented snippets spread over different threads. What a nightmare! That's not responsible forum interaction. I don't want to contribute to that.

I believe I have sourced this component. The link I posted to my thread would take the reader to this information. However I don't want to paste it in all the various 'VESA mount' threads as I am waiting for the seller to get back to me and confirm it is the correct component.

Keeping forums clean is an art, it is a kind of programming. For example, if we maintain current information in the first post it says someone having to read through 10 pages -- they can just get a summary. That's like a header file, that contains the interface but not the implementation. And directing half a dozen posts to a post that summarises research, this is okay to a function that is called from several locations (rather than repeating the code).

Age and injury have sapped my fervour to battle nonsense.

I'm perfectly happy to simply ask questions and make no attempt to organise information. I care, but not enough to do battle. I have to fight my computer, that is enough for me.

π