21.5 or refurb 24?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by superatombomb, Oct 29, 2009.

1. superatombomb macrumors member

superatombomb

21.5 with 1tb or refurb 24 3.06ghz.
    which one would you rather have and why

2. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

....going thru the same thing myself...

I can get the 24" NIB for $1496 and no shipping cost on base... larger screen, more video memory with a similar card to the new units ATI card with less VRAM... but then I lose the BT keyboard and magic mouse... or don't get anything for a while...:confused::confused::confused:

3. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

I would tell both of you to scrape and save the additional $200 to step up the 27" unless for some reason that is too big for your needs. If you are in a position to wait a few months then do that because generally after a few months the new models will start showing up in the refurb store and you can get it then at a lower price. But hey, that's just me.

4. dwd3885 macrumors 68020

No point to get the 27" unless you want a bigger screen, since the two middle models are identical. I was in he same boat as the OP and went with the 21.5. LED is MUCH nicer and better than the last gen models. You get a SD-card reader AND wireless mouse and keyboard which are both expensive. Also getting virtually the same resolution and 2 extra RAM slots so upgrading RAM will be much more reasonable.

5. MacKiddyWiddy macrumors 6502

21.5 without a doubt, much better screen and slightly better spec[​IMG]