21.5 riMac in 2015??

Discussion in 'iMac' started by tanker5, Dec 24, 2014.

1. tanker5 macrumors member

It's happened before. 15" rMBP introduced before 13" rMBP, riPad introduced before riPad Mini. Is it possible that Apple will introduce a 21.5" riMac? Maybe not 5k, but maybe with a 2560 x 1440 display to increase pixel density?? I like the idea of a retina display desktop, but I like the size of the 21.5" screen. Thoughts??

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Its possible, We'll have to wait and see when apple refreshes the entire iMac line with Broadwell. If they can do it without increasing the price they may but if the display panel is too expensive then I suspect they'll defer any sort of embrace of the retina technology.

This occurred in the iPad mini. there wasn't a display panel in the price range they needed when they introduced the Mini. We had to wait another year for that.

3. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Since Apple doubled the resolution of the 27" in each direction, the 21.5" won't be 2560x1440, but will instead get a 3840x2160 to match 2x retina scaling.

It will come.

4. UniDoubleU macrumors regular

UniDoubleU

Exactly. 4K iMacs are totally coming. Even though 4K displays have had significant price reduction, I'm not sure if anyone made 21.5" in mass production yet.