21 inch Imac issues?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by nyprospect, Dec 4, 2009.

1. nyprospect macrumors 6502

Hello everyone.I have a mac mini 2.0 4gb ram but i am interested in the imac.Do the new imac 21 have any flickering issues or graphics issues? I am interested in the one with the 9400 nvidia.Thanks so much.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. rusty2192 macrumors 6502a

No problems here

My 21.5" with the ATI graphics has had no issues at all. It seems to me that most of the issues have been with the 27".

4. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2

5. nyprospect thread starter macrumors 6502

lol Well played.Ok i'll think about it over some alcohol .Thanks for the replies .Have a safe weekend.:)

6. solchitlins macrumors regular

7. nyprospect thread starter macrumors 6502

8. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2

9. MacKiddyWiddy macrumors 6502

10. solchitlins macrumors regular

Yeah, but some of the people on that forum are on their 3rd or 4th, 21.5" return and they still hear a high pitched whistle.

They make it sound like they all do that and only the people with bad hearing are happily unaffected.

11. harleygold macrumors regular

harleygold

My iMac has been issue free since i bought it! (i knocked on wood :D)

12. iMacIndia macrumors newbie

Anyone yet seen the famous apparition in the new iMacs?

I bought the new iMac 21" at the end of November 2009. Within two weeks a smudge appeared on the left top corner of the LCD. I thought dust had settled under the protective plastic sheet which I had not yet removed. I was expecting my new MacBook Pro 15" so I thought let it come and then I will clean the iMac and put it away for a while. The MacBook Pro came after a month. I removed the protective cover from the LCD. Started to clean the dust with a cloth piece from my iKlean kit. Nothing happened. The 'dust' it turns out was a smudge behind the LCD. The resellers now familiar with the problem call this an apparition. A ghost in the mac-hine? I packed the iMac at the beginning of February 2010. It was picked up for repairs by the reseller on around the 12th Feb. So far there is no news of its whereabouts. Spooky! Apple Support is very kind they assure me one day I will get it. The MacBook Pro 15" with OS X 10.6 turned out to be bug-ridden, applications started quitting unexpectedly right after the first power on. I am now two Apple machines to wait for. One day I will get them. Will let you know.