Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
CT
I had nothing to do for like 45 minutes. I got kinda scared.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
MacNut said:
I had nothing to do for like 45 minutes. I got kinda scared.
I was too. Then I realized we were all scared, each in our own homes. Then I felt that sense of community - we were all in it together - and felt better. :)

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
omgomgomgomgomgomgomg...

...wait, what happened? I know the site was down and everything...but what triggered it? :confused:

njmac

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
We need a backup forum, somewhere we can meet in case of emergency ;)

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I recommend logging into the Apple store and buying large amounts of equipment you don't need. This has the double benefit in giving you multiple pieces of hardware; you can then create whining threads about each of them and how if Apple continues to treat customers like this, it will surely go out of business, and God help me but Dell would never do this, and so on, and this will last you until the next forum downtime, at which time you can repeat the process.

The other major option which seems compelling is masturbation.

:eek:

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
AvSRoCkCO1067 said:
omgomgomgomgomgomgomg...

...wait, what happened? I know the site was down and everything...but what triggered it? :confused:

An error on the core something page on line 279 i think. If you bothered to look at the SQL error in the source code you had on the database page

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
I think it was a hardware failure (nic card/cable) - at least that's what my provider thinks. they're looking into it. we're patched up at the moment.

arn

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I didn't even notice the server outage. :rolleyes: Since each of my posts is a 1000-word essay, and I spend hours composing each and every sentence, I was busy typing in a text box and editing words the whole time, and the forums were working just fine by the time I finally clicked Submit Reply. ;)

Cooknn

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Myers, FL
You guys make me laugh! This place is like our home away from home, eh? Seriously, I would have to reconfigure my daily routine without MacRumors:Forums :eek:

MacNut

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Ok did anyone type in their password for the forum "temporarily offline":p

skoker

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2005
Doctor Q said:
I didn't even notice the server outage. :rolleyes: Since each of my posts is a 1000-word essay, and I spend hours composing each and every sentence, I was busy typing in a text box and editing words the whole time, and the forums were working just fine by the time I finally clicked Submit Reply. ;)

Then why is this post only 50 words?

Electro Funk

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2005
The Opium Garden
i was in the other room doing mkrishnan's other major option and when i came back i could not log onto mac forums :eek:

I was SCAAAAAAAARRRREEEEEED!

then i took a nap because i was tired...

and wheeeeeeeee we're back! :D

macEfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
I was like oh crap, did my DSL die again :D, but luckily everything else on the net worked..... glad MR is back, I was clicking refresh every three minutes :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.