Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

eBay today launched a pre-daylight savings coupon that takes 20 percent off "everything" on the online reseller's storefront, with a few exclusions including gift cards, coupons, coins and paper money, and real estate. Outside of these categories, you're free to apply the 20 percent off coupon to any other items today, including Apple products like the HomePod.

eBay explained that the coupon PSPRING20 is valid until 8 p.m. PST tonight, March 9, and it applies to the purchase price of eligible item/items, not including shipping, handling, and taxes. That purchase price has to be $25 or more, and the 20 percent discount will be capped at a value of $100. You'll need to be an eBay member with a registered address located in the United States or Canada to take advantage of the coupon as well.

ebay-20-coupon.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with eBay. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

If you meet the criteria, you can essentially shop in any category (barring exclusions) on eBay to find something that might interest you for the discount. Once you find the item you want and it exceeds $25, click "Buy it Now," and before you complete your order type in PSPRING20 in the "Gift cards, coupons, eBay Bucks" section of the checkout process and hit Apply.

For Apple-related items, the Daily Deals tech section is a good place to browse, and one notable savings compatible with the coupon today is a HomePod in brand new condition, sold by alldayzip. With the 20 percent discount applied and free shipping, the HomePod comes to $271.99, compared to its $350 price tag at all other major retailers. For some shopping ideas, we listed the HomePod and a few other Apple products and related accessories below:
[*]HomePod (Silver and Space Gray, brand new) - $271.99, down from $339.99, sold by alldayzip (100% positive feedback)
[*]32GB Apple TV 4K (seller refurbished) - $115.99, down from $144.99, sold by goldstar_tech (99.5%)
[*]32GB Apple TV 4th gen (seller refurbished) - $91.99, down from $114.99, sold by goldstar_tech (99.5%)
[*]Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphones (new) - $135.99, down from $169.99, sold by Newegg
[*]BeatsX (new, open box item) - $66.79, down from $83.49, sold by realdealstar (99.7%)
[*]13-inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar (new, 2016, 256GB) - $1,149.99, down from $1,799.99, sold by always.deals (97.8%)
[*]13-inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar (new, 2017, 256GB) - $1,439.99, down from $1,799.00, sold by electronicsvalley (99.2%) As with any eBay reseller purchase, the savings come with the caveat of buying a device that might not be in brand new condition. Still, today's promo code is compatible across all of eBay, not just its Daily Deals section, so there are many brand new, new, or like new products that you could nab at a discounted price today.

Head over to eBay to shop, and if you're interested make sure to place your order by tonight at 8 p.m. PST. For more sales information, be sure to visit our Deals Roundup.

Update 1:35 p.m. PT: The HomePod sold by alldayzip has sold out in both colorways.

Article Link: eBay Launches Limited Time 20% Off Coupon: Get HomePod, Apple TV, and More Discounted [Updated]

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
PSA: you can only use the code ONCE, which I did, on a HomePod. Happy enough about that, but bummed that I should've added a bunch of stuff to my cart and *then* applied the code. Not sure that would work, but I could've tried.

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
PSA: you can only use the code ONCE, which I did, on a HomePod. Happy enough about that, but bummed that I should've added a bunch of stuff to my cart and *then* applied the code. Not sure that would work, but I could've tried.

The code gives you a maximum savings of $100 off. Not sure how much stuff you had in your cart but anything over $500 and you'll no longer receive a benefit from the coupon. Hopefully you maxed it out on your purchase didn't lose any potential savings :)

Reactions: Avieshek

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
The code gives you a maximum savings of $100 off. Not sure how much stuff you had in your cart but anything over $500 and you'll no longer receive a benefit from the coupon. Hopefully you maxed it out on your purchase didn't lose any potential savings :)

Bummer. I just got the home pod, so about $67 off I think it was. Better than nothing. Next time I'll read the fine print!

NightFox

macrumors 68040
May 10, 2005
Shropshire, UK
I have very little experience with eBay, and I'd love to buy a second HomePod for this price.

But I'm a little sketch about this seller — 100% of their reviews are positive one-liners… https://www.ebay.com/usr/alldayzip
Yeah, especially as many people may see the MR article as an endorsement of these sellers. I'm not saying they should, just that people probably will. Of course, he may be legit and all will be good.

JGIGS

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2008
CANADA!
Wow Homepod is already getting discounted? I personally don't see much of a use for the speakers anyway but siri seems to kinda kills this product, for now.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Wow Homepod is already getting discounted? I personally don't see much of a use for the speakers anyway but siri seems to kinda kills this product, for now.

In fairness, it’s only discounted by eBay. It’s not like Best Buy or any other retailers are discounting it. That said, as far as your Siri comment is concerned, it actually works quite well with the sensitivity with the microphone and it responds really well to commands. So unless you have used the HomePod, I’m not sure how you can say “It kills this product.”

IVYHILL

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2012
I got a receipt from PayPal that said $339.99 and a receipt from eBay that said $271.99. I'm confused now, why doesnt the PayPal one say $271.99? I messaged the seller to clear it up.

mjcxp

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
I got a receipt from PayPal that said $339.99 and a receipt from eBay that said $271.99. I'm confused now, why doesnt the PayPal one say $271.99? I messaged the seller to clear it up.
If you login to PayPal and click on the transaction what does it show?

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
Well, I wasn't planning on buying a second HomePod, but I doubt I'll find a deal better than $271 in the next year. I'm going to be ditching my play:5 for the office (Play:5 sounds better...but HomePod is just better with Apple Music and the ability to AirPlay.)

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
The eBay listing for the 2017 MBP TB is from a seller with a history of failing to communicate as well as failing to ship, as well as failing to ship in the required time frame. And all of the complaints like this are high dollar items. Makes a potential buyer all warm and fuzzy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.