Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple Books, Apple Music, Apple TV, Beats 1, and Radio are experiencing outages at the current time according to Apple's System Status page. Reports on Twitter also suggest iTunes is experiencing issues.

There have been multiple complaints on Twitter about movies being interrupted mid-play along with issues accessing Apple Music. Apple's site says the services have been down since 6:11 p.m. Pacific Time.

applemusictvoutage-800x692.jpg

Apple says that Apple Books users may experience intermittent issues, while Apple Music and Apple TV users are experiencing service problems.

Apple is investigating the issue, though it's not clear when the services will come back up. Most outages are brief. We'll update this post when the problem has been resolved.

Update: According to Apple's System Status page, the services are now working again.

Article Link: Apple Music, Apple TV and Apple Books Experiencing Outage [Update: Back Up]

Reactions: macfacts

Böhme417

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2009
Look at that. I was just chatting with support about this an hour ago. They kept saying everything was fine on their end. Lies!

Reactions: apolloa

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
Well those are not the only things down. I got the Apple Card invite at 9:00a.m. Pacific this morning and have been trying all day to apply, and just getting an error saying "Apple Card Unavailable. Apple Pay services are currently unavailable. Please try again later".

Reactions: maverick28

maverick28

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2014
I was freaking out over being denied to a host of iCloud services including the most needed ones such as Mail, iCal, Address Book in 10.7.5. Every attempt to log in to iCloud returned the error "Signing in currently impossible. Try again later.", preceded by hangs trying to load control panel, fetch data from iCloud servers. Interestingly, this affected the oldest Mac OS X I use but not 2 newer ones. It sorted out several hours ago.

Last edited:

mixxula

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2016
San Jose, CA
Well those are not the only things down. I got the Apple Card invite at 9:00a.m. Pacific this morning and have been trying all day to apply, and just getting an error saying "Apple Card Unavailable. Apple Pay services are currently unavailable. Please try again later".
Same. Been trying for 2 hours. Oh well. Maybe tomorrow.

anson42

Contributor
Mar 13, 2014
Oakland, CA
From iTunes, some movies are not playing properly for me while some are. I'd say the services are not quite yet back to normal.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Hmm is it me it is this type of issue becoming more frequent with Apple’s services? Doesn’t bode particularly well for a company that wants services as it’s main focus.. and m sure they have the resources and funds to make it more reliable though.

flyinmac

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2006
United States
That explains it... all 12 of you tried using Apple’s services at the same time. Next time try to be considerate and wait your turn. One at a time, single-file line. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.