Apple Music, Apple TV and Apple Books Experiencing Outage [Update: Back Up]

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Aug 8, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple Books, Apple Music, Apple TV, Beats 1, and Radio are experiencing outages at the current time according to Apple's System Status page. Reports on Twitter also suggest iTunes is experiencing issues.

There have been multiple complaints on Twitter about movies being interrupted mid-play along with issues accessing Apple Music. Apple's site says the services have been down since 6:11 p.m. Pacific Time.

[​IMG]

Apple says that Apple Books users may experience intermittent issues, while Apple Music and Apple TV users are experiencing service problems.

Apple is investigating the issue, though it's not clear when the services will come back up. Most outages are brief. We'll update this post when the problem has been resolved.

Update: According to Apple's System Status page, the services are now working again.

Article Link: Apple Music, Apple TV and Apple Books Experiencing Outage [Update: Back Up]

2. decypher44 macrumors 6502a

decypher44

3. higgledy macrumors newbie

4. now i see it macrumors 68040

5. Böhme417 macrumors 6502a

Look at that. I was just chatting with support about this an hour ago. They kept saying everything was fine on their end. Lies!

6. yanksrock100 macrumors 6502a

yanksrock100

Some albums not playing on Apple Music for me. Looks like I’m not listening to Billy Joel tonight...

7. DotCom2 macrumors 601

Well those are not the only things down. I got the Apple Card invite at 9:00a.m. Pacific this morning and have been trying all day to apply, and just getting an error saying "Apple Card Unavailable. Apple Pay services are currently unavailable. Please try again later".

8. maverick28, Aug 8, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2019

maverick28 macrumors regular

I was freaking out over being denied to a host of iCloud services including the most needed ones such as Mail, iCal, Address Book in 10.7.5. Every attempt to log in to iCloud returned the error "Signing in currently impossible. Try again later.", preceded by hangs trying to load control panel, fetch data from iCloud servers. Interestingly, this affected the oldest Mac OS X I use but not 2 newer ones. It sorted out several hours ago.

9. mixxula macrumors newbie

mixxula

Same. Been trying for 2 hours. Oh well. Maybe tomorrow.

10. anson42 macrumors 6502

From iTunes, some movies are not playing properly for me while some are. I'd say the services are not quite yet back to normal.

11. apolloa macrumors G5

Hmm is it me it is this type of issue becoming more frequent with Apple’s services? Doesn’t bode particularly well for a company that wants services as it’s main focus.. and m sure they have the resources and funds to make it more reliable though.

12. chino-rican macrumors regular

chino-rican

Had issues playing music last night. This explains it.

13. flyinmac macrumors 68040

flyinmac

That explains it... all 12 of you tried using Apple’s services at the same time. Next time try to be considerate and wait your turn. One at a time, single-file line. :D

14. DotCom2 macrumors 601

NOPE! Still not working! :mad: