22" Display

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by suede1976, May 20, 2008.

1. suede1976 macrumors newbie

I just bought a Samsung Syncmaster 226CW from best buy. the colors are way off. I need the color to be spot on and after hours of calibration the reds are still way too orange. Well, i am taking this back to best buy tonight and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a different 22" display for me? Preferable one i can grab at best buy, so far i see these three as my alternative options:

HP

LG

Different Samsung

2. iknowyourider macrumors 6502a

iknowyourider

I got an acer al2223w @ best buy 10 months ago. I love it but the only prob I've had is the reds are too orange. Go figure.

3. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

I know this is completely off topic but I don't understand why people buy 22" displays like this one. Samsung sells a 20" model with exactly the same resolution so that means that the 22" version is only going to be blurrier. I've compared them in the flesh (at the JR Audio store in Downtown Manhattan, if anyone wants to try it themselves) and the 20" version was much sharper indeed.

4. Maccleduff macrumors regular

All 22" panels also use TN panels which are less accurate than P-VA or S-IPS panels.

5. mankar4 macrumors 6502a

mankar4