22 gigs of OTHER HELP!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by michaelgettys, Aug 3, 2009.

1. michaelgettys macrumors member

just plugged my phone into itunes and it shows 22 gigs of other. It wont let me resync my music over. any suggestions?

2. ibuyufo macrumors 6502

Restore the phone?

3. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

+1 :cool:

4. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I think there's another fix for this, instead of restore, but for the life of me, I can't find the thread. I think it had to do with the iTunes account.

Edit: and highlife, other is the part of the iTunes sync that is not music, apps, etc.

6. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

'other' (orange) turns to 'apps' (green) when you sync it.

7. alansaysstop macrumors regular

other also includes any album art, notes, contacts, calender information, etc etc.

8. bbwinkle macrumors member

I had a thread that I made on this a while ago when I was on vacation. I just waited it out for the few days and when I came home I synced it normally, no restore or anything, and the "Other" that you're speaking of went back to where it came from originally. For me, that was the "Music" part of the phone, but I couldn't tell you if it'll work for you.

Hope this helps!

9. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

This happens to me once in a while, even when already synced with the current setup (except some new txts and emails, everything else is the same).
    For me, I just hit the eject button, unplug the phone from my computer, and plug it back in. That returns it to normal.

10. iNoob3 macrumors member

I have the same thing my 16gig shows 5.09gigs of other

11. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

I had this problem once. I hard reset the phone (home button + lock button for a long time) and after it started back up, ran a sync, and that space was freed.

I believe one of the things it represents are files that are trashed but not yet deleted or something along those lines.

In my case, I had recently synced and later deleted a couple of full length movies from the device and the size was about right for those. Just a guess though. I imagine it could be a number of causes.