22 hours and counting...

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Superluigi6, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Superluigi6 Suspended

Superluigi6

I'm trying to upgrade to iOS 8 for my iPod touch through computer. It says 22 hours and counting, and is about 1mp per 2-4 seconds. I don't know whether it'll speed up soon, but I can't be up til midnight or something. I tried this last night but it did 24 hours and counting.

Should I try tomorrow instead, but through my iPod touch rather than my PC? Thanks

2. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

It took me about 16 hours to do a OTA upgrade to iOS 8 on my 5s. But I figured that the Apple servers had a lot of activity with all the people upgrading to iOS 8.

3. Superluigi6 thread starter Suspended

Superluigi6

Yeah my question was whether or not I should wait until tomorrow or even next week. I can wait, the only thing is that I have to deal with the 1 unread notification in Settings to upgrade, which I can understand.

Or, if I should wait another hour or two and if Apple's servers speed up. I heard from other forums that they got little delay upgrading.

4. Ole'schooliBook macrumors member

My first attempt was ungodly slow on an iPad 2. I just toggled off wifi and restarted the download and it went from 16 hours to about 6 minutes download time. Restart if you can as it seems it's pretty easy to find a fast download connection node from Apple if you give it a few tries.

This worked the same way when I was upgrading an iPhone 5 through iTunes.

5. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I'd probably wait until tomorrow to be honest. There is a chance the servers could speed up, but if there is a lot of congestion it's going to take awhile.

6. bushido Suspended

bushido

7. Superluigi6 thread starter Suspended

Superluigi6

Okay, I'll try through WiFi tomorrow.

8. philfry macrumors regular

Anyone seeing slow speeds are you using Verizon?

9. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

Oh gosh ._. I did the update on two devices just a few hours after it went public and neither device took more than an hour and a half to two hours total for the entire process...

10. Superluigi6 thread starter Suspended

Superluigi6

I'm now trying through iPod touch and it's saying 9 hours...

How do I stop it? Power off? Will this impact any of my data? I have a backup from yesterday.

Nope. I'm using WiFi through my iPod touch now.