"22 min to charge" for 3 hours?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by splitpea, May 23, 2010.

1. splitpea macrumors 6502a

For the past three hours (during which I've been doing some light web surfing (no Flash), text editing, and FTPing, with the screen on low brightness -- definitely not energy-intensive stuff -- my battery indicator has been showing it charging with 22 min remaining. Why the heck would that happen?

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

you are worrying about your battery too much! Just use the machine and enjoy it. Calibrate the battery if you feel you need to. The timers and sensors are never correct

3. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

drain your battery until your mbp goes to sleep by itself, then let it sleep for 5+ hours before plugging in your magsafe. let it fill up 100% then check again!

4. splitpea thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well, there's a difference between "not 100% accurate" and "useless". What's the point of a battery meter if it's off by orders of magnitude?

5. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

Gorilla Power

6. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

istat pro is another good widget. i dunno if it's more accurate then the actual estimated time in the top right corner of ur screen but....yeah.

7. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

calibrate the battery

8. splitpea thread starter macrumors 6502a

Will do. Just seemed... extreme, esp after it had been working fine for a while. Thanks, folks.