Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

unclebob101

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 15, 2018
Does your digital crown has a slight wiggle when you grab it with an index and thumb and wiggle up and down? Haven’t bumped it against anything but did test the water resistance once. Just noticed this on a week old Series 3 aluminium and I hope that’s normal and it won’t come off.

unclebob101

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 15, 2018
I’d check with Apple to be sure. I don’t have any wiggle and don’t recall having it on my previous watches from Apple. Maybe others will chime in.
Thanks for the reply, appreciate it. I would rather not go to apple if it’s something insignificant as nearest one is 3 hour drive away.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Does your digital crown has a slight wiggle when you grab it with an index and thumb and wiggle up and down? Haven’t bumped it against anything but did test the water resistance once. Just noticed this on a week old Series 3 aluminium and I hope that’s normal and it won’t come off.

To me, it seems you’re a bit pedantic about the digital crown, being you already started a thread on a similar topic, there Really isn’t a need for two of the same thread:

My suggestion (As mentioned on your previous thread), don’t ask for random advice on here about the digital crown if you’re concerned with functionality, have Apple inspect it to receive a confirmation.

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Sep 9, 2017
No wiggle on my Series 3. Are you sure it’s not just your fingers moving? It’s hard to figure out a movement as tiny as a wiggle on something as tiny as the Digital Crown. Maybe try taking a pair or tweezers and gently trying to wiggle it to see if it’s really there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.