23-24 matte inch ips LED backlit DVI LCD under $900

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dmmcintyre3, Jun 8, 2009.

1. dmmcintyre3 macrumors 68020

I want one that is cheaper than the Apple LED with DVI and ips panel

Do not need speaker, camera but usb hub could be useful

2. iphong macrumors member

iphong

3. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

The catch is there isn't one other than the refurbished one listed above.

4. stainlessliquid macrumors 68000

I wouldnt trust a refurb monitor, a lot of monitors are sent back because of dead pixels or backlight bleed which is not ok with users but perfectly ok with manufacturers.. so they just sell them back as refurbs.

5. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

At the same time, refurbs go through a second quality control check that is more rigorous than the first. I hear that most refurbs are actually from people just returning a perfectly good piece of equipment.
    I'd say the refurb is worth the lower price as you get the same warranty as new.

There aren't any LED backlit IPS DVI LCDs on the market for less than Apple's though. Dell has some offerings with IPS panels around this size for a lot less, but they aren't LED backlit.

6. stainlessliquid macrumors 68000

Refurbs are good for computers but when your quality control considers 5 dead pixels and a quarter of the screen affected by backlight bleed "within spec" then its not so good for monitors. Youre not going to find anyone that throws away an LCD panel because it has a couple dead pixels, theyll accept it as a return and just repackage it since as far as theyre considered dead pixels are considered normal.

7. dmmcintyre3 thread starter macrumors 68020

LED cinema display requires mini displayport and is glossy. I wanted DVI and a matte panel.

8. ra004e macrumors regular